cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2023 1:30 am  #376

Re: RIP, Famous person

GTFO.

Hey! That's me up there!

1/21/2023 10:16 am  #377

I only saw CSN 4 or 5 times. He will be missed.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/21/2023 1:26 pm  #378

Diaphone Jim wrote:

monster wrote:

Gina Lollobrigida. 95.  another one I had no idea she was still alive.  Or actually what shed di, I just knew the name

"shed di?

some times I can be arsed to fix my typos and sometimes I can't.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/28/2023 1:32 pm  #379

Sportscaster Billy Packer, 82, kidney failure.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

1/28/2023 2:00 pm  #380

Tyre Nichols:  now famous because he died.  And why.

1/30/2023 7:25 pm  #381

Aw, shit, man!

Shirley Feeney died.  After a brief illness.

Cindy Williams was 75.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

1/30/2023 7:33 pm  #382

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/30/2023 10:36 pm  #383

And Annie Wersching; She was very good in pretty much everything I saw her in, particularly 24 and Bosch.

2/05/2023 9:00 am  #384

Melinda Dillon - Christmas Story and Close Encounters dead at 83.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/melinda-dillon-appeared-christmas-story-close-encounters-third-kind-di-rcna69148

NBC is a bit of a toxic webste

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/06/2023 1:07 am  #385

Now that the excitement of covid is over, many are now bored - and dying.   Seems like there is a rush to get into heaven.

Last edited by tw (2/06/2023 1:08 am)

2/06/2023 1:17 am  #386

monster wrote:

Gina Lollobrigida. 95.  another one I had no idea she was still alive.  Or actually what shed di, ...

She was considered the prettiest woman in the world.  And known to be ruthless when negotiating contracts.  However she made one mistake.  She signed with Howard Hughes (RKO).  Mistakenly signed a contract that said she could only work for RKO.  Since Hughes routinely signed actresses he wanted to bed, then she did not make many American movies.   Eventually MGM so wanted her as to pay a $75K contract penalty.

Sophia Loren was better known in American movies.

2/09/2023 12:23 pm  #387

2/14/2023 11:56 am  #388

David Harris (1946-2023), cancer.
Gutsy peace activist, reporter and writer; one time husband of Joan Baez.

2/16/2023 12:54 am  #389

Raquel Welch 82

3/04/2023 4:52 pm  #390

Actor Tom Sizemore:

On February 18, 2023, Sizemore suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm at his Los Angeles home and was hospitalized at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in critical condition.  Charles Lago, his representative, issued a statement on February 27 that doctors had determined there was "no further hope and have recommended end-of-life decision" to Sizemore's family.   Sizemore died on March 3, at the age of 61.

3/04/2023 9:41 pm  #391

Viewing Tom Sizemore's credits, he was a very busy actor.  Considering how few of those movies were memorable, it says so much about how many little known movies are made every year.  Furthermore I do not remember him in any of those movies.  Apparently he was a popular character actor.

But then I did not know other famous actors, such as Ted Danson, Vin Diesel, and Dennis Farina, were also in "Saving Private Ryan".

3/09/2023 7:12 am  #392

I never saw this one coming....

Mystic Meg, 80, flu

3/09/2023 7:15 am  #393

Topol, 87

3/09/2023 2:48 pm  #394

Also Gary Rossington, for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

3/09/2023 6:23 pm  #395

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/11/2023 8:20 pm  #396

Robert Blake, 89, heart disease...

Man, I loved me some Baretta when I was a kid.  I liked his junky ol Impala, and I liked his cockatoo, Fred.

He (Robert Blake, not the bird) turned down the role of Little Joe on Bonanza.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/11/2023 8:24 pm)

3/13/2023 6:40 pm  #397

Dick Fosbury of Fosbury Flop Fame. lymphoma, 76

I had no idea he was still alive -somehow I always assume if something is named after someone, they are long since departed, but the technique was only developed two years before I was born, he was only 24 years only than me

3/19/2023 2:23 pm  #398

Lance Reddick was a surprise. Age 60.

3/20/2023 12:28 pm  #399

I was just watching him in that weird clip where he marches around going, "I wanna be LeVar Burton! I wanna be LeVar Burton!" wearing chains and that visor thing on his face.

The dude looked healthy

Last edited by Flint (3/20/2023 12:29 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/21/2023 5:53 am  #400

I guess he was legit famous. I only see one thing I think saw him in but I know the face. Too damn young.

Board footera