cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2023 12:49 pm  #251

Re: What is harshing your mellow today?

There are many ways to steal your info and card companies know them all.
They also know which ones screw you and which ones screw them.
Guess which ones result in action.

1/28/2023 2:16 pm  #252

My 2 week old mr heater will not light. The thermocouple died, and now it will be next week before I can use my patio. My last mr heater lasted 2 seasons before it died, and it was Made in America. The new one is made in china. Why does everything have to be made in fucking china. I would pay more for American products made by people that are paid enough that they give a shit about what they are doing.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/28/2023 2:37 pm  #253

fargon wrote:

Why does everything have to be made in fucking china.

One need only see what happened to the American auto industry after 1970 to learn why.  Or view most every division of General Electric to know why.  Or learn what has happened in a last twenty years to the American white appliance industry.

Foreign competition takes over when America replaces people who come from where the work gets done with bean counters.  Why did Microsoft fail to create one innovative product in the ten years that Balmer was there?  Balmer was a CFO.  As CFO, essential to Microsoft's success.  As CEO, a greatest enemy to Microsoft (and the reason for those PC / Mac TV commercials.)

General Electric pioneered the LED in 1962.  Had ready for production the first CFL bulbs in 1975.  Demonstrated the first LED light bulb in 1962 (in Oct to the suits who were MBAs and therefore stifled the innovation). MBAs stifle innovation to enrich the Central Committee of the Party (themselves).  Who provided CFL light bulbs when Walmart in the 1990s discovered GE was destroying American innovation?    China.  They (and Walmart) were the patriotic Americans who exposed an anti-American GE.

China is now doing what once was the domain of (and therefore defines) patriotic American.

It continues to get worse. More MBAs graduate than all other advanced degrees combines - in America.  

Who intentionally poisoning water in Flint MI?  MBAs.  Who covered up the Chevy Cobalt that was killing people for over ten years?  MBAs.  Who denied desperately needed assistance to the operators at Three Mile Island?  MBAs in GPU.  These are not accidents.  All examples of why so many jobs MUST go overseas.

American workers, on some industries, are not permitted and are sometimes punished for trying to be productive.  When that only appears on the spread sheets as an increased cost.

Why does GM still make so many anti-American V-8 engines?  Innovation, on spread sheets, is not profitable.

Last edited by tw (1/28/2023 2:39 pm)

1/29/2023 2:32 am  #254

Good news, GM is spending near a Billion dollars to tool up a 6th generation small block Chevy.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/29/2023 2:56 am  #255

Also, China may run out of people between the fertility decline and the war with the US two years away...

1/31/2023 8:43 pm  #256

fargon wrote:

My 2 week old mr heater will not light. The thermocouple died, and now it will be next week before I can use my patio. My last mr heater lasted 2 seasons before it died, and it was Made in America. The new one is made in china. Why does everything have to be made in fucking china. I would pay more for American products made by people that are paid enough that they give a shit about what they are doing.

UPDATE
After spending 35 minutes on hold this last time, and 30 minutes yesterday on hold only to talk to a very bored young lady. Who told me that I would have to call back later in the day because all of the supervisors were in a meeting. And her computer was locked up and she couldn't help me.  
 That just pissed me off enough to make me cry (it's better than breaking things.) and hug Keryx. So after trying to call Envrico today we went to Home Depot where I bought damn thing to begin with, and traded the old one for a new one, and it will be here next week. Hopefully this one will last longer than two weeks.
I'm still pissed that they are made in china now instead of Ohio. And they cost more.

1/31/2023 8:45 pm  #257

fargon wrote:

UPDATE
After spending 35 minutes on hold this last time, and 30 minutes yesterday on hold only to talk to a very bored young lady. Who told me that I would have to call back later in the day because all of the supervisors were in a meeting. And her computer was locked up and she couldn't help me.  
 That just pissed me off enough to make me cry(it's better than breaking things.) and hug Keryx. So after trying to call Envrico today we went to Home Depot where I bought damn thing to begin with, and traded the old one for a new one, and it will be here next week. Hopefully this one will last longer than two weeks.
I'm still pissed that they are made in china now instead of Ohio. And they cost more.

2/01/2023 7:02 am  #258

Not great at all.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/16/2023 2:43 am  #259

fargon wrote:

So after trying to call Envrico today we went to Home Depot where I bought damn thing to begin with, and traded the old one for a new one, and it will be here next week. Hopefully this one will last longer than two weeks.

Traded it in? Did you really just buy a new one?
If so get the part and fix it so you have a backup for next time... or two when it's really cold.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (2/16/2023 2:44 am)

2/21/2023 4:28 pm  #260

I went to home depot today and picked up my brand new mr hearer, it's only been sitting on the F-ing shelf for a month since I ordered it. The F-ing kids that run customer service are stupid, uncaring or both. Before they would order my replacement they needed my cell number, my email, and my land line so they could get a hold of me. They never did, I went into the store to cancel my order and get my money back, and they had the thing all along. The F-ing kids never called me for over 3 weeks. 
 And as far as getting parts for my old Mr Heaters dealing with the new company SUX!
 It's the same shit that tw was talking about on another thread 20somthings that don't want to do thier job.

Last edited by fargon (2/21/2023 4:30 pm)

2/21/2023 6:27 pm  #261

Oh, did you want it? The thing you ordered?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/21/2023 8:28 pm  #262

Flint wrote:

Oh, did you want it? The thing you ordered?

That is almost word for word what she said.

2/21/2023 9:26 pm  #263

How long did you have to pause and practice deep breathing before answering?

2/22/2023 2:56 pm  #264

Luckily I had Keryx with me and she took over the talking from that moment on. It was not pretty.

2/27/2023 3:49 pm  #265

Carrot had a toenail hanging off - too attached to just remove it - sooooo sedation it had to be. Had to leave work to take him to the vets initially in the afternoon, 2 hours of emergency holiday then left him there came back home and logged back into work, then took another emergency 1 hour holiday at 6pm to go pick him up and then get back and log in for the final hour of my shift. 

I mean, thank fuck I currently work mainly from home only going in for one day a week at the office, and also that he has insurance but cold have really done without the £160 excess and copay and having to put a bag over the bandage to keep it dry every time he goes out for the next 3 days, 

Poor baby - he is so woozy. 

2/27/2023 5:02 pm  #266

Poor Carrot.

2/27/2023 5:32 pm  #267

Clodfobble wrote:

Poor Carrot.

I concur Poor Carrot.

2/27/2023 8:03 pm  #268

Hi,Dana!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/28/2023 6:59 am  #269

Sorry Carrot

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/03/2023 5:51 pm  #270

Thanks all

Update - he has been back to vets another 3 times and ended up having to be sedated a second time because more nails detached. Turns out he has some sort of issue with his nails rather than him having just accidentally banged his foot. 

All in all he has had 4 nails removed, including both dew claws, with 3 feet affected. 

Up to Weds he had 3 bandaged feet. He now has no bandages but is wearing a cone. His front paw is very swollen, one of the claws is infected and he is on antibiotics and painkillers

Vet thinks it may be an autoimmune condition - there's a food supplement that is usually pretty good at strengthening the nails and I have ordered some. 

Poor lad is feeling very sorry for himself and I am frikken exhausted lol

3/03/2023 9:44 pm  #271

That sounds so painful. Feet and backs are everything.

3/04/2023 5:43 am  #272

Hope Carrot feels better soon!

Living life on the edge.

3/04/2023 9:38 am  #273

Bootsy and Chloe send Meows and Purrs.

3/04/2023 5:01 pm  #274

DanaC wrote:

...and I am frikken exhausted lol

Sick/injured pets will do that to ya.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/08/2023 7:25 pm  #275

I just got so mad at my computer that I said, "God-Mother-F*cking-D*mnit" so loud that I think people outside my office heard me

Board footera