cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2023 7:40 am  #126

Re: What are you streaming?

Just started the new Mandolorian last night. Very pleased with the start. Love the 1/2 hour format.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/12/2023 7:42 am  #127

Streamed Mikaela Shiffrin kicking butt this weekend. Best skier ever.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/14/2023 6:47 am  #128

She is absolutely crushing it. Seconded.

3/14/2023 12:02 pm  #129

I don't watch her shows, but she's all over my social media.  Her stuff lends itself well to short videos.

3/15/2023 9:50 pm  #130

Totally binging the 2022 F1 Drive To Survive on Netflix.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/15/2023 9:55 pm  #131

I've been binging "You." The algorithm rated it 99% for me, which I was extremely skeptical about... but damn, it was right.

3/15/2023 10:25 pm  #132

Clodfobble wrote:

I've been binging "You."

It is all about me.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/20/2023 9:41 pm  #133

Rising Phoenix on Netflix.  Story of the paralympics.  Recommend.

3/21/2023 11:51 am  #134

Season Six of Better Call Saul has Carol Burnett in it.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/21/2023 12:02 pm  #135

Better Call Saul is so good.  We just started watching a month or so ago and are just getting a little bit in to season 2. It's remarkably good.

I just cancelled Peacock, and we've got 2 days left to binge Below Deck, our guilty pleasure that I can't recommend, because there is nothing much redeeming about it.  It's good for having something on in the background when you really just want to scroll on your phone. Young emotionally immature singles working on a luxury yacht being chartered by entitled guests who want to do everything in excess.  3 days of work during the charter and then 1 day to get drunk and in fights and clean the boat before the next entitled guests arrive.  Oh, and the big reveal of what the tip is after each guest group leaves.  At least they are usually someplace beautiful and sunny.

3/21/2023 12:27 pm  #136

glatt wrote:

BigV wrote:

Filing trademarks is cool!  And in the news, like the new Voltswagen!

Thanks for reminding me.  I checked the USPTO records when I read that news about Voltswagen, and didn't see it, so I thought it was BS marketing.  But there it is.  It just took a few days for the databases to get populated.

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=90610115&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Interesting that they are only filing for tshirts.  It appears that you can still apply for a trademark for Voltswagen for cars.  And I can tell you that the application will be rejected for not following the rules.  The picture of the tshirt they summited is merely a design on a tshirt.  You need to show the mark on the tag in the collar.

Actually, hold on.  Some guy named Benjamin H. Weinstein filed for this mark, and using a PO Box for his address.  It will get rejected for that too.

Looks like the real Volkswagen hasn't filed anything.

I was just going back, looking for good recommendations to stream shows, and stumbled across this old post. 

I have to admit that I'm like Flint and enjoy reading my old posts.  I had forgotten this one.  So I looked up the trademark application to see if my prediction that it would be rejected was correct, and see that Benjamin H. Weinstein filed an express abandonment the day after I made this post.  On a Saturday morning at 8:07 am Eastern time! I'm just getting my coffee maker going by then.  I suspect somebody got a very stern letter from a lawyer that represented VW and was like "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit."

3/21/2023 1:08 pm  #137

Happy Monkey wrote:

I've enjoyed this season of Carnival Row quite a bit, but I never see any mention of it online, and they're releasing them two at a time, so I suspect it's not long for this world.

I thought they ended it pretty well.  Some parts were maybe a  bit too neat, but overall pretty satisfying.

3/21/2023 5:22 pm  #138

glatt wrote:

I have to admit that I'm like Flint and enjoy reading my old posts.

lol

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/30/2023 8:37 pm  #139

A new season of the Mandalorian is in progress.  Interestingly, they glossed over the two Mando episodes of Boba Fett with a single line of dialog, so anyone who hadn't watched Boba Fett would be a bit nonplussed at Grogu showing up again.

It's pretty good, especially Episode 5 (so far), but the quality of Andor has taken a bit of the shine off if it.

Last edited by Happy Monkey (3/30/2023 8:38 pm)

3/31/2023 5:58 am  #140

True words.

4/03/2023 12:28 pm  #141

I'm now thinking that the Mandalorian is probably a lot closer to the original trilogy in quality and style than Andor is.  But Andor triggers the same excitement in me as an adult as the original trilogy did in me as a kid.

4/04/2023 6:06 am  #142

They feel like different universes both high quality. Mandalorian has the feel though.

4/09/2023 4:13 pm  #143

Shadow and Bone ticks all the boxes of the YA formula, but I think that they love making it and it shows.

5/02/2023 8:51 pm  #144

The Diplomat on Netflix.  still on the fence

6/30/2023 7:46 am  #145

Just starting Season 2 of The Bear. The soundtrack is a banger.

6/30/2023 4:48 pm  #146

I'm watching both of those.  4 episodes in on the Diplomat and I like it at the moment.  The Bear I'm 3 episodes in and worry for them.  Still, it's good.

6/30/2023 7:11 pm  #147

Mostly vtubers and comparative religion/occult lectures. 

Litteraly on fire 

7/01/2023 1:26 pm  #148

Rewatching Designated Survivor, and just started S1E1 of The Witcher.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/08/2023 7:49 pm  #149

Madam Secretary.   there is way too much of this

7/31/2023 11:52 am  #150

Good Omens 2 was great

Final bit of Henry Cavill's Witcher was OK.  We'll see what Liam Hemsworth does with it next season.

Board footera