cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2022 9:36 pm  #1

April 6: Intergalactic Googly Eye Day

Eyebomb something.

remember beest

He was so tall his feet stuck out of the bottom of the blanket as he slept during chemo.  One day I added googly eyes to his boots (two on each) so they were peeking at him when he woke up.  He wore them to work and everywhere.  They stayed on a long time, but by the next session (two weeks later), there would often be one or two missing, so they got refreshed.  It helped us get through. ish.  He would have turned 51 on April 6. 

This is the 7th celebration -originally International Googly Eye Day- started on the last birthday he celebrated, but he requested a change to Intergalactic (because no self-respecting Trekkie would be so alienist).

Last edited by monster (4/05/2022 9:37 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/06/2022 7:53 am  #2

Re: April 6: Intergalactic Googly Eye Day

An excellent memoriam. I like it.

4/06/2022 10:23 am  #3

Somewhere I have two enormous, sousamaphone sized Googly Eyes, but I cannot for the life of me remember which safe place I put them in!

Living life on the edge.

4/06/2022 8:49 pm  #4

I have some over-size eyes somewhere as well... will attempt to locate

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/11/2022 5:26 pm  #5

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/14/2023 8:57 pm  #6

I think I may have lied, I think this year might be the 7th :/  He died 5 years ago yesterday, and I'm pretty sure the first one was the birthday before he died so that would make the 2nd one 5 years ago so this one would be the 7ht ??? so confusing.  Anyway...   start to get heyeped up!

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/05/2023 10:32 pm  #7

nudgiethingie ... it's like TODAY!  Eyebomb away!

4/06/2023 5:51 am  #8

Somebody has to watch for lions!

4/06/2023 7:01 am  #9

Awesome! I'd be wary if I were a lion.

4/06/2023 1:47 pm  #10

Love. It.

Board footera