cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2020 8:11 am  #1

What is harshing your mellow today?

As we make the migration to broadhost a bunch of us still bounce back and forth between the two boards, I suspect it is part habit and part affection-at least it is for me. Also I like the blue color theme of the old place.

Looking at the most recent posts in the old place there is significant post stacking going on, probably due in part to fewer and fewer other members posting there. It occurred to me that after December 31st the place will look like the days after a festival has ended, just litter everywhere you look and all of it with the same brand/logo.

That's kind of a drag; thinking about ever visiting the place for old time's sake and being met with the detritus of the last days of an empire.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/03/2020 10:44 am  #2

Re: What is harshing your mellow today?

Undertoad wrote:

When the New Posts button doesn't list any new posts, and it's all just an archive, this feeling will diminish.

Not waiting for Dec 31 BTW just want to make sure everything is stable. 

Understood. I was using it more as a figure of speech.
I think De Tocqueville said something about man's ability to endure tremendous suffering up until the prospect of that suffering being lifted. I imagine you can relate to that.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/03/2020 12:36 pm  #3

footfootfoot wrote:

It occurred to me that after December 31st the place will look like the days after a festival has ended, just litter everywhere you look and all of it with the same brand/logo.

I like this analogy.

I decided I'm not going to post there any more.  Tapatalk sure makes it easy though.

11/03/2020 3:54 pm  #4

footfootfoot wrote:

It occurred to me that after December 31st the place will look like the days after a festival has ended, just litter everywhere you look and all of it with the same brand/logo.

Woodstock on Tuesday morning.

11/16/2020 5:52 pm  #5

Harshing my mellow? Roof leak over the kitchen. I though I’d solved the problem by unblocking the downpipe for the gutter, that certainly released a lot of water the other day. But now there is no blockage, and it is raining, and the dripping he start again. 

Living life on the edge.

11/18/2020 2:08 pm  #6

J U N K  Email Titles

..I have a thousand things on my plate, my inbox is PACKED with red-flagged, very important emails
do you know what information I get by seeing these titles?--
"Re: INFO: Service Case 001239873 -- ref: 438597._23429:ref"
"Re: Service Case 0012328746447 has been created. [ ref:_327868._2348768763:ref ]"
"Service Ticket #89043 was updated."

IT HAD A TITLE WHEN I SUBMITTED IT, TELL ME THE FCKING TITLE SO  I KNOW WHAT IT IS AND WHETHER IT'S IMPORTANT OR NOT.. SO I DON'T HAVE TO OPEN EACH EMAIL TO SEE WHAT IT IS AND THEN IMMEDIATELY FORGET AS SOON AS I CLOSE IT..

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

11/18/2020 2:36 pm  #7

LOL.  I've got an email chain that keeps popping up every few weeks with an "URGENT 7/21/2020 final deadline" subject line. It's not my place to edit the subject, and it gives me a sinking feeling every time it pops up.

11/18/2020 2:52 pm  #8

ugh I hate that..
I've been trying to tune into what creates that "sinking feeling" so I can figure out why I get so overwhelmed that my brain just shuts down

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

11/18/2020 8:45 pm  #9

Cut myself because stupid.  Literally rubbed salt in wound because stupid

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/18/2020 10:47 pm  #10

The radio station  I have listened to since I moved here 20 years ago (who brand themselves as a "new rock" station) is changing format at noon tomorrow.  And it is not going to be for the better.  From their announcement:

Soon there will be a very new and VERY different sound on 88.7FM and to be honest if you’re a New Rock fan you’re probably not going to like it

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/19/2020 1:33 am  #11

monster wrote:

Cut myself because stupid.  Literally rubbed salt in wound because stupid

Never put salt in your eyes

Hey! That's me up there!

11/22/2020 12:38 am  #12

footfootfoot wrote:

Never put salt in your eyes

but but but Saline?  Won't someone please think of the contact lens wearers?

11/22/2020 12:40 am  #13

monster wrote:

The radio station  I have listened to since I moved here 20 years ago (who brand themselves as a "new rock" station) is changing format at noon tomorrow.  And it is not going to be for the better.  From their announcement:

Soon there will be a very new and VERY different sound on 88.7FM and to be honest if you’re a New Rock fan you’re probably not going to like it

it went from being "89X" to "Pure Cuntry 89".

I shit you not.

At least they were truthful, which is a first in that kind of field.  But I still hope they drown in their stetsons

Last edited by monster (11/22/2020 12:41 am)

11/22/2020 5:55 am  #14

Well, that blows chunks

11/24/2020 9:55 pm  #15

I have an item built for me in Nevada and paid for it to be shipped fedex, whom I don't like but that was the deal. Turns out it was too big for fedex and had to be shipped motor freight, here we go. So the tracking number says delivery Monday. OK clear my schedule, hold all calls, bring it on.
I get a call Monday telling me Tuesday. OK rearrange the schedule and hold half my calls. I'm staying on top of this because Google & Garmin, think my address is somewhere else, a mile away. Also the guy on the phone had a heavy Caribbean accent  and I don't know if he understood what I was telling him. OK between 9AM and 5PM Tuesday, great. 
Waited with bated breath all day, no radio or TV on so I could maybe hear a truck.  At 6 PM I called. Oh, Wednesday, tomorrow, between 9AM and 5PM.
Last day before Turkey Day... I give it 50%

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (11/24/2020 9:56 pm)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/24/2020 10:34 pm  #16

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

the guy on the phone had a heavy Caribbean accent  and I don't know if he understood what I was telling him. 

11/25/2020 7:27 am  #17

I'm waiting on a medication package through USPS. It sits in Lancaster. Remember when  LeJoy decided to break Central PA's mail service by removing 5 sorters for the election to keep PA red and create a crisis requiring privatization? It hasn't been fixed. Pete subscribes to The Week magazine but that has gone from a week late to a two week gap with a lost issue to two issues on the same day after a couple calls to the publisher.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/30/2020 5:07 pm  #18

Fucking twenty-somethings and their fucking inability to accomplish basic adult tasks. I swear to God.

11/30/2020 5:23 pm  #19

Lol, you are joining us old-timers alright.

My medicine showed up today. 16 days in the mail. Return address says Wilkes Barre, PA. 1.5 hours away.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/30/2020 6:12 pm  #20

It isn't just the USPS, sending an item from NJ 81 miles to DE took fedex 13 days a month ago.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/02/2020 8:20 am  #21

Some twat stole a package from my mailbox on Friday. Amazon is replacing the items but it sucks that there is a twat roaming around helping themselves to people's mail. I told the cops and the post office. Ordering some cameras today. The knuckle heads stole two kitchen scales worth $10 each. How will they fence those?

Hey! That's me up there!

12/02/2020 9:50 am  #22

Sorry, foot. That sucks donkey balls.

Me, apparently I'm going to sit in my child's room and attend 7th grade full time for the rest of the month, because there's no other way to ensure that Minifobette goes to damn class.

12/02/2020 10:14 am  #23

Like, in the actual classroom or is she virtually attending school? ugh. Like 7th grade once wasn't bad enough.
Either way you can brush up on your Louisiana Purchase facts...

Hey! That's me up there!

12/02/2020 11:29 am  #24

footfootfoot wrote:

Some twat stole a package from my mailbox on Friday. Amazon is replacing the items but it sucks that there is a twat roaming around helping themselves to people's mail. I told the cops and the post office. Ordering some cameras today. The knuckle heads stole two kitchen scales worth $10 each. How will they fence those?

Not Super Cres 

12/02/2020 1:10 pm  #25

Clodfobble wrote:

Me, apparently I'm going to sit in my child's room and attend 7th grade full time for the rest of the month, because there's no other way to ensure that Minifobette goes to damn class.

My wife is getting paid halfway decent money to do that for the kid across the street.  But that's preschool  Both parents need to be able to focus 100% on working from home, especially the mom, who is teaching a class on zoom herself.

Board footera