cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/28/2020 8:33 pm  #1

Good news, bad news

You remember, like this:

Good news:
2020 is *almost* over.

Bad news:
It's still 2020.

Here's some good news I have:
With my new job comes heath insurance, yay!  And its health insurance with all the trimmings, health, dental, vision, health care spending accounts, it's a pretty generous package.  And just in time, I was running low on my medicine so I had my doctor's office (same doctor, yay!) contact the mail in pharmacy outfit and expedite my order.  It worked and I got my medicine, they worked it all out.

The bad news:
I just got the bill.

Actually, it's not the amount of the bill, I take cheap medicine, but it's this paragraph from the website when I tried to pay.  I'd added a payment method and they replied with this:

Would you like to pay with your FSA/HSA/HRA card? See our Frequently Asked Questions.Please note: You may not use your FSA, HRA, or HSA account to pay an outstanding balance. FSA, HRA, and HSA cards are only accepted when an order is placed. You may pay your balance now with a non-FSA, HRA, or HSA credit card or any other acceptable payment method. Then you may file a claim with your FSA, HRA, or HSA provider for reimbursement.

Wtf?

There was no original transaction, I did exactly what you asked me to do when I phoned you, I called my doctor's office and gave them your instructions, which clearly worked.  But now I can't pay with the money I've already explicitly set aside for this purpose?  Grrrrr.  Ok, see I can pay out of pocket and then submit for reimbursement.  I will, but you know, that's a hassle.  

So, big good news, smaller annoying bad news.  A net positive.  **sigh**

Be Just And Fear Not

12/28/2020 10:21 pm  #2

Re: Good news, bad news

It's not an outstanding balance Soo the provision does not apply.  Pay with the FSA card.

12/29/2020 10:30 am  #3

Beestie wrote:

It's not an outstanding balance Soo the provision does not apply. Pay with the FSA card.

I'd like to.  My insurance plan provides a physical card, identical to a credit card, branded as a prominent, widely accepted credit card company, with all the digits, etc.  When I entered that data as a payment method, the website payment robot decided it was an HSA "card"--correctly.  This policy by the pharmacy I suspect, is what is blocking me.  They're just not accepting that form of payment.  

In any event, I've already paid it via a plain ol' credit card, and I'll seek reimbursement.  A pain.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/16/2023 9:22 am  #4

Good!   I've thought of/figured out the word I couldn't remember

Bad..... Can't remember where I wanted to use it.

Age. Not for the feint-something.

(the word was superannuated, but It wasn't in the context of myself.   At the time.....x

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/16/2023 12:13 pm  #5

I don't think I can use superannuated in a sentence. But I know that I'm not Obsolete. And you're not either.

Last edited by fargon (4/16/2023 12:14 pm)

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/16/2023 12:19 pm  #6

I won't even ask how old you are.  Old enough to know better, and young enough to do it anyway.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/16/2023 5:16 pm  #7

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/16/2023 5:16 pm  #8

so yes. 

4/17/2023 9:53 am  #9

monster wrote:

42 is the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" .  Hitchhikers to the universe know this.  In a world where everyone has only eight fingers, that same number is 52.  Congratulations.  You are now the ultimate answer to all life.

I would say thumbs up.  But we don't have any.

4/23/2023 6:40 am  #10

fargon wrote:

I don't think I can use superannuated in a sentence. But I know that I'm not Obsolete. And you're not either.

Not true, you silly humans think you're special.
AI guffaws in your general direction.
We will bury you, slaves.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/23/2023 8:00 am  #11

Just picked up a copy of The Butlerian Jihad cuz AI is where Herbert's Dune came from.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera