cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2020 8:20 pm  #26

Re: Guns Pew Pew Pew

griff wrote:

I may as well show the Featherlight.

Looks to be in pretty dang good shape, there, Griff...

Last edited by Gravdigr (11/02/2020 8:22 pm)

11/03/2020 6:56 am  #27

Yeah that really is nice.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/04/2020 2:50 am  #28

C'mon Sarge, he's much older than six.  

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/06/2020 6:08 am  #29

Those must definitely be assault rifles because they don't look like grandpas squirrel gun.

There are numerous state laws about locking and depriving children of guns.
Some manufacturers have taken to including a lock with each new gun sold because... lawyers.
I've had this one for years but never really looked at it as I keep my guns locked up... and children locked out.
During the course of my photographic inventory I found the instructions for using this lock and thought they were interesting because I hadn't really thought about how to prevent use with a padlock. This method forces you to unload and prevents reloading for sure.
As always, locks keep honest people honest, and curious children curious.

11/07/2020 8:08 am  #30

Is that an English shotgun?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/07/2020 5:36 pm  #31

Probably a personal weapon brought from home then. It seems like that would be pretty effective in a cavalry charge.

11/08/2020 5:17 am  #32

I've got a H&R 10 gauge.

11/08/2020 6:54 am  #33

Good lord, I don't have the wrist for that.

11/10/2020 1:24 pm  #34

It's a US Navy flare gun, I wouldn't try a 10 gauge shotgun load.

11/11/2020 7:10 am  #35

That makes more sense.

11/12/2020 12:06 am  #36

Stamped on the smooth bore  4½ inch barrel is,  "PISTOL , VERY, 10 GAGE , M5" wording, punctuation, and spelling is theirs.

Edit: but the way it's built it would definitely take a shotgun shell if you were that stupid.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (11/12/2020 12:10 am)

11/19/2020 4:32 am  #37

A small bevy of SKS's.......

JR

"That's just like your opinion man"

11/20/2020 6:47 pm  #38

You have to have a range of shades to compliment your ensemble of the day.

11/20/2020 8:08 pm  #39

oh wow. i'd love to have another SKS or two. i've been keeping an eye out for any surplus to start going up for sale again online.

11/24/2020 6:43 pm  #40

bought a really decent gun cabinet at the used furniture place yesterday for only $30. the catch - they didnt have the key. got it open today, replaced the lock, and added a shelf on top for mags and any additional handguns i might get. pretty happy with it. not bad for like $40 all in.

11/24/2020 8:50 pm  #41

The price is right and it's attractive but not secure. Just keeps honest people honest.

11/30/2020 7:54 pm  #42

I ran across this holster ad for one specifically made for a double barrel 12 gauge pistol. I can't even.
The picture is faked because his hands would not be still after pulling the trigger.

12/06/2020 3:07 pm  #43

Here is a couple of weird ones, first a grenade launcher...

And a very serious air rifle that Lewis and Clark impressed the natives with.
Every new tribe the encountered knew about the rifle and asked to see it work.

12/06/2020 7:12 pm  #44

1500 pumps! That'll put hair on your palms.

12/07/2020 12:40 am  #45

In Austria each man was given two stocks(reservoirs) tow pump up ahead of time, then when they got into serious shit against I think it was Germany,  there were wagons with pumps to do the work. Awesome weapon but it's Achilles heel was the threads on  rifle to attach the stock, plus keeping spare leather gaskets soaked in water. 800 psi air is  dangerous and hard to handle.

12/07/2020 7:22 am  #46

Apparently Lewis' gun is on display at the Pentagon unless it's back home at the War College in Carlyle, PA. I didn't realize it was still in existence because the gear from the expedition is largely gone.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/2016/12/13/lewis-and-clarks-girandoni-air-rifle/In 2004, Beeman was contacted by master gunsmith Ernie Cowan, who wanted to duplicate the Girandoni weapon in his collection (Beeman’s was the sole representation of the weapon in North America). Beeman agreed. Cowan and his collaborator, Rick Keller, in carefully disassembling the weapon, made an electrifying discovery. In their careful dissection of the Girandoni, Cowan and Keller found evidence of repairs made to the piece that noted gun historian Mike Carrick confirmed as corresponding precisely to entries in the journals of the Lewis and Clark expedition recounting such repairs. Perhaps the most significant repair they discovered was a replaced mainspring. Lewis noted exactly such a repair in his June 10, 1805, journal entry: “[Expedition gunsmith John] Shields removed the main Spring of my air gun.” The repair was made with a farrier’s file ordinarily used to trim horses’ hooves. Other repairs included a new forward pin lug, middle thimble, and scarph joint in the rifle’s forearm, which replaced European walnut with good American walnut.To his surprise and gratification, Beeman found himself the proud owner of the famous Lewis and Clark Girandoni. Beeman concedes that the Girandoni has a very peculiar and significant place in American history, but adds scrupulously: “We must avoid the very misleading thought that the Girandoni opened or won the West. Rather it was the key to Lewis and Clark returning alive and promoting the West.”

12/09/2020 1:48 am  #47

That's like discovering your cracker jack prize is the real Hope diamond.

1/17/2021 11:04 am  #48

Canadian Machine Gun Carriers, early armored vehicles...

I read another article this morning that said much of the equipment was bought by a few rich Canadians.

1/24/2021 8:27 pm  #49

Aiming is a little tricky... ok, impossible. Not a good thing for a single projectile and that's no scatter gun.
Do you want that guy marching or even walking behind you?
How long before a hacker or spurious signal sets it off.
Nope. Nope on the same level as a live hand grenade as a teething toy.

1/25/2021 4:25 pm  #50

Board footera