cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2023 8:40 pm  #1

Commerce Corner

What businesses are on the four corners of the nearest (ish) main intersection/crossroads to you, and how well does that represent your area?

Nearest to me is a gas station, a florist, a vacuum cleaner shop and a vacant lot that used to be a gas station (tanks are still there).  That's right on the border with the next city which is much less well-to-do than the city I officially live in, and has a lot of vacant commercial space.  but it's close to a freeway ramp/motorway junction, so may explain why tanks not removed yet although all buildings and pumps are gone.  It's been that way for years, though.

The next closest I think is a pretty accurate representation of my area: gas station, cannabis shop, pharmacy and fast food pizza store.   Why yes, I was waiting for a while here on my way home tonight, what made you ask?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/03/2023 6:12 am  #2

Re: Commerce Corner

an abandoned home
a pizzashop
a swamp er wetland
a corner of an occupied but inactive farm

The pizza shop changed hands recently. The previous owner had no idea how to make pizza. It was really strange. The wetland is where I went off on a Vietnamese guy dumping trash many years ago. It didn't become a regular dump and is actually pretty nice now. I'm not sure what the deal is with the house. The last occupant I knew of inherited the house my Uncle died in at the beginning of the pandemic and moved her family in, but she had left this place already. Could be it belonged to her deceased brother.

Accurate depiction of here.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/03/2023 8:56 am  #3

Re: Commerce Corner

A bike path, and 75 feet down the road is a gas station
McDonalds
A bike path, and 75 feet down the road is a fire station
Residence with a big privacy fence

This intersection is near walking distance for me and quite accurate for the area.  The McDonalds is maybe little out of place.  To be perfectly accurate for here, it should probably be a good ethnic restaurant.

Board footera