cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2022 7:35 pm  #26

Re: Meanwhile in......

Care to let us know where ya read that?  A link, perhaps?

If you can do that kind of research, it's difficult for me to believe you have so much trouble with viewing photographs and opening links.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/30/2022 12:20 pm  #27

That's easy Grav (since the old one seems to be back), I made it up.

9/07/2022 6:49 am  #28

Meanwhile in Las Vegas...

Speeding woman on cocaine kills drunk driver high on meth in North Las Vegas, police say

https://www.8newsnow.com/crime/speeding-woman-on-cocaine-kills-drunk-driver-high-on-meth-in-north-las-vegas-police-say/

Last edited by griff (9/07/2022 6:49 am)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/19/2022 6:33 pm  #29

Speaking of death in the air...

Alabama recently had the opportunity to execute a prisoner on death row by nitrogen hypoxia.
link:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alabama-not-ready-execute-nitrogen-hypoxia-ve-forced-inmate-breathe-on-rcna47982

But, then circumstances changed:  https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/alabama-prosecutors-float-then-retreat-from-plan-to-execute-alan-miller-using-untested-nitrogen-suffocation-procedure

Based on this very short and tidy video, it seems bloodless and cruelty and unusualness-free: https://youtube.com/shorts/nleE-VEb_dU?feature=share

I think, if the state is determined to kill you, this seems very... humane. 

Your thoughts are welcome.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/19/2022 6:50 pm  #30

I was reading about DIY pet rat euthanasia with a fish tank full of carbon dioxide generated from vinegar and baking soda, this seems like maybe a similar thing.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

9/19/2022 8:02 pm  #31

Flint wrote:

I was reading about DIY pet rat euthanasia with a fish tank full of carbon dioxide generated from vinegar and baking soda, this seems like maybe a similar thing.

A few years ago my next-door neighbors' pet rat was in need of euthanasia.  the maybe first-grader suggested they should just let it run out in the yard and my cats would take care of it :/

Last edited by monster (9/19/2022 8:02 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/19/2022 8:23 pm  #32

TIL Thanks V.

I'm still no fan of the state taking people out but it does seem like a more decent option.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/20/2022 12:25 am  #33

It's not unusualness-free.  The issue was that they would essentially be experimenting on the prisoner to see how cruelty-free it is.

I think it's likely to be fairly cruelty-free, but adding a new execution method is by definition unusual, and requires a pretty high bar.

9/22/2022 8:07 am  #34

9/22/2022 3:22 pm  #35

Great loss to the pedagogical community? He was a pedo? 
This is all the more reason to justify putin trying to seize the Ukrainian handrail industry.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/16/2022 11:37 pm  #36

Meanwhile in Berlin....   won't someone please think of the fishies?????

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/22/2023 3:25 pm  #37

I'll be making a conference style cell phone call to all dwellars in the United Kingdom tomorrow at 3 p.m. BST. Please have your phones turned on and within hearing range. That is all.

4/23/2023 8:10 am  #38

Message received!

5/13/2023 5:00 pm  #39

Michigan....  There is nothing not to love about this.  Unless you're a golfer perhaps.

6/09/2023 9:15 pm  #40

Meanwhile in Columbia.... children found after 40 days in the jungle

6/10/2023 7:46 am  #41

Remarkable.

6/10/2023 6:31 pm  #42

griff wrote:

Remarkable.

That's the word for it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/11/2023 11:53 am  #43

This story raises many questions, but survival in the jungle is what these folks have done for thousands of years. It was the airplane that fucked things up.
In any American city, four hours would have been remarkable.

8/26/2023 5:10 pm  #44

Anon wrote:

I'll be making a conference style cell phone call to all dwellars in the United Kingdom tomorrow at 3 p.m. BST. Please have your phones turned on and within hearing range. That is all.

I'll be making a conference style cell phone call to all dwellars in the United States on Wednesday, October 4th, at 2:20 p.m. ET. Please have your phones turned on and within hearing range. That is all.

8/29/2023 6:19 pm  #45

Meanwhile in Ann Arbor.......

We're a bit fucked at work.  And the poor students are very fucked.  At least we're getting paid rather than paying for this experience.  But I'm kinda over it....

https://wkzo.com/2023/08/28/560018/?fbclid=IwAR1D2CKEJ5JAsL1Psx7IC7-S6hDKD_AUDgebIPZN2guktddQHYgvBmkpq3o

Last edited by monster (8/29/2023 6:21 pm)

8/29/2023 7:33 pm  #46

...the university’s Google and email services...

They got they own Google?

8/29/2023 10:49 pm  #47

they own everything

8/30/2023 5:39 am  #48

That's a drag.

8/30/2023 3:01 pm  #49

Is thangs mo worky today?

8/30/2023 5:21 pm  #50

He's trying to anger English Nazis.

Board footera