cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2023 9:39 pm  #1

Invade Washington DC

January 6th 2021 wasn't the first time Washington was invaded by a paramilitary group of Americans .
The bonus Army in 1932, and the Boy Scouts in 1937.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/08/2023 6:53 am  #2

Re: Invade Washington DC

If that came in the mail, I'd spend the afternoon studying every detail of the cover.

5/08/2023 7:31 am  #3

Absolutely.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/08/2023 11:10 am  #4

I used to wait anxiously for that mag about 15 years later, then gobbled it up in a day or two.

5/08/2023 11:45 am  #5

My son was published in that mag.  Submitted a tip that they printed, and they sent him a patch for payment.

5/10/2023 11:39 pm  #6

Want to see it bigger? http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/      the May 4th page

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/14/2023 12:01 pm  #7

The first National Jamboree was actually scheduled to be in 1935 in Washington DC to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Boy Scouts of America. It was cancelled just days before it was to begin by President Roosevelt due to a polio outbreak in the capital. Many Scouts were already on route to the Jamboree by train when they found out. My first wife's father was one of the kids who ended up on a different trip, the contingent ended up touring national parks in the Rocky Mountains and Montana instead.  

Board footera