cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2023 6:49 am  #376

Re: Got Cars

Post WWII Ike was a god in Europe, he won the war, so he got money for nothing and chicks for free, as well as an armored Caddy.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/02/2023 5:15 am  #377

This was well executed but I think it was a bad idea. Some think the tri-fives are sacred.
I don't agree with that I've seen some that were well done... but not this one.

4/03/2023 11:49 am  #378

Hmm.
Never heard "tri-five" before and never seen a Chevy fastback.
I guess the former is common, the latter not.
How did those customs turn out so similar?

Edit: Of course I remember the '49-51 or so FB's; liked 'em.

Last edited by Diaphone Jim (4/03/2023 11:51 am)

4/03/2023 11:57 am  #379

OK, they put the '57 fins on old FB's, not the other way around.
That's enough of that this morning.

4/12/2023 8:05 pm  #380

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

4/13/2023 2:30 am  #381

Diaphone Jim wrote:

OK, they put the '57 fins on old FB's, not the other way around.
That's enough of that this morning.

Tri-fives are slang the '55, '56,' 57 chevys, usually stated as 55 thru 57
 A friend has a plate on his '56 sayin "thru car".
No they didn't graft '57 fins on an older car, the front end is '57.

4/13/2023 2:42 am  #382

Easy rider on the side of the van is well done, I've seen pictures of a few vans with cars painted on the side that were excellent. It made me wonder if it's only attempted by competent artists or nobody takes pictures of the bad ones.

Never heard of this one...

4/13/2023 2:29 pm  #383

xob: "No they didn't graft '57 fins on an older car, the front end is '57."
No front ends are shown and all the back side windows are '50 +/-.

Last edited by Diaphone Jim (4/13/2023 2:29 pm)

5/01/2023 9:50 pm  #384

I can identify the door, front fender windshield and hood of a '57 from that picture.

Duesenberg was one of the first to has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes.

5/02/2023 12:20 pm  #385

Bruce:  Somehow, we must be talking about different things.
Look back over the thread.
The back side windows (for the back seat) on all the customs in both posts are different in shape from the 1957 cutaway pic.
This indicates to me that they are all (or almost all) made from c. '49 - '51's.

5/03/2023 1:13 am  #386

First of all there is only one custom, I tried different colors on it to see if him using colors I don't like affected my opinion of the modification. Of course the rear side windows are a different shape, you couldn't have the rear side window the same with a fastback. The modification starts mid roof and slopes to the rear bumper. He may have used some metal from an earlier model but it was definitely applied to a '57.

5/16/2023 6:31 pm  #387

Prolly got the Caddy sorted by now, If not you might check the glove box

Today's CT Puzzle
Slip of Paper | Car Talk

6/17/2023 2:24 am  #388

That high octane is harder to start in cold weather is a new one on me, never heard of such a thing?

When roads were rough at best, and snow tires didn't exist plus tires were "delicate" the answer was rope.

6/25/2023 1:04 am  #389

Want an exclusive car you can't afford to insure for full value, afraid to drive on public roads with the yahoos, salt, and sand, but would look great in your living room?

6/25/2023 1:27 am  #390

I think this is one of the sexiest cars ever and it's coming to auction in August.
Someone told me the last time it was sold a few years ago it went for something like $2.3 million.
For a car with no roof, probably no windshield wipers, and no cup holders.

Be still my throbbing... nevermind.

6/26/2023 6:48 pm  #391

I like it, except for dat ass.

Dat ass need werk...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/08/2023 1:18 am  #392

Yeah, making the Olds rear bumper in sections rather than solid across is strange.

Now this Mazda (Japan only) is a runner up to the worst car ever built.
(I don't know what the worst was but I'm leaving that spot open.)

7/09/2023 10:04 pm  #393

Those crazy college kids, I guess they pawked the caw in hawvard yawd...

7/10/2023 4:38 pm  #394

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Looks like a mid-70s Buick Century (like Kojak drove) with a mid-70s Impala front clip.

I kinda like it.

7/10/2023 4:51 pm  #395

Apologies if this has already been posted:

7/14/2023 8:49 pm  #396

TheNeverWas wrote:

Looks like a mid-70s Buick Century (like Kojak drove) with a mid-70s Impala front clip.
I kinda like it. 

The GM Australian cars weren't bad looking but Mazda taking then and sticking the rotary engine and Nissan auto trans was a disaster. The rotary engine worked well in a light sports car but not these monsters. 

8/03/2023 1:28 am  #397

You can buy a brand new old car. Well it looks old anyway...

8/03/2023 6:17 am  #398

This is the answer to distracted driving as in the bikes thread. Make driving interesting again..

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/12/2023 10:00 pm  #399

I agree, cars have become so insulated from the environment they inhabit people's attention drifts away.
When even a momentary lapse creates situations where you pee a little, changing the CD can wait.

8/17/2023 7:31 pm  #400

Diaphone Jim wrote:

This looks to be a nice truck, but I gasped at the current bid:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2014-mercedes-benz-g63-amg-6x6/

As proof that lux suv prices are tanking, that G63 sold for ~$90k.  18 months ago it woulda sold for deep in the six figures.

Board footera