cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2020 6:06 pm  #1

QUESTIONS (AND OBSERVATIONS) ABOUT THAT *OTHER* SITE

So, it's all shuttered. Or as people on reddit like to say: shuddered. Unless they are talking about a delightful NSFW frisson and mean shuddered, in which case they would spell it shuttered.

But I digest, The Old Place is now archival and probably artisanal; the  sort of place that attracts hipsters with ironic sideburns who chase $50 a shot whiskey with PBR because REBEL!

Still digesting here. I am the sad. We knew this day was coming, but only recently. In the halcyon, mixed baby greens days of our youth we had no idea that this day even existed much less would come, but here we are. The infantile greens grew up and we forgot about them in the back of the fridge until there was a distinct "off" smell and the crisper wouldn't close properly. THEN, we investigated and saw that the adorable, little baby greens grew up and then decomposed into a distressing slurry in a ziplock bag (if we were lucky). So yeah, it's over-ish. But...

Maybe this is like the re-boot of Doctor Who. Clodfobble is the new show-runner and Limey and Glatt are directors. Some of us are writers, bit part actors, or viewers. Monster is, of course, The Doctor. Like any change of show-runner it usually takes a few episodes before the show really hits its* stride. I am hopeful about our new show runner and overlords.

*Again, if this were reddit it would be it's

Hey! That's me up there!

11/21/2020 6:20 pm  #2

Re: QUESTIONS (AND OBSERVATIONS) ABOUT THAT *OTHER* SITE

Raise a glass.

Also those little reddit bastards couldn't write a gd wrong.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/21/2020 9:51 pm  #3

anonymous wrote:

Maybe this is like the re-boot of Doctor Who.

jeez, this place has got to better than the current iteration of who (cuz the current iteration is for crap) Henry

Ed Zachary. We could all be typing on broken keyboards translating through google into Urdu and back then scribbling the result on wet cocktail napkins and slapping them against the ceiling of an interstate rest area Denny's bathroom and we'd still be leagues ahead of Chibnall's disastrous sabotage of Doctor Who.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/22/2020 7:47 am  #4

That's a topic I try not to think about too much - I refuse to be the angry fangurl .... but Chinballs is making that very hard. 

And dont even get me started on the multiplatform anniversary story - that pisses me off. 

One of the reasons the Big Finish audios weren't allowed to deal with any current storylines, was because it was considered bad form to force fans into buying additional media to be able to follow the freely (with licence fee) available main show storyline. 

They've apparently taken a steaming dump on that intention

11/23/2020 10:44 am  #5

I've started watching Torchwood bc maybe it can be a sort of oblique Dr. Who fix. And I like Eve Myles; for Gat-toothèd [i]s she...

The whole Chinballs thing strikes me as someone higher up at BBC has been tucking in to the crazy sauce or Chinball actually CAN suck a golf ball through 50 feet of garden hose. I feel bad for Jodi Whittaker bc she lost a great opportunity.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/25/2020 2:17 pm  #6

Fecking Timeless Child ....fecking nonsense.

I cannot adequately express just how much I hated that pile of dog turd. 

What's so frustrating is that, having despised Jodie's first series, I was actually quite enjoying her second series forthe most part - it had started to at least feel like Doctor Who again, and there were some real flashes of her feeling like the Doctor and having some character depth...I even liked the Master when he showed up ... and then the last episode was just like Chinballs took a massive dump over the entirety of the Doctor's history so far. 

Goddamnit now I'm pissed off agsin

Last edited by DanaC (11/25/2020 2:19 pm)

11/25/2020 2:21 pm  #7

You know - I would love to see her Doctor with Moffatt's storyboarding. I think she could have been a really decent Doctor with the right showrunner. 

11/25/2020 8:36 pm  #8

DanaC wrote:

You know - I would love to see her Doctor with Moffatt's storyboarding. I think she could have been a really decent Doctor with the right showrunner. 

it would be nice...mebbe after cancellation and a couple or three years of mothballin'

Board footera