cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2020 2:21 pm  #1

Found a note, need a back story

Don't read other people's posts before you do this

I found this post it note in my leaf pile today.  Tell me what it's about.  Who wrote it and why?

Lennie - white the nicer one the follewer person

George - white the strickter person the boss

Location, mountains
Older people

11/22/2020 2:22 pm  #2

Re: Found a note, need a back story

11/22/2020 3:10 pm  #3

Well it's clearly a school kid's notes on "Of Mice and Men", but that's boring

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/22/2020 3:32 pm  #4

Tasked with finding people to challenge election results in remote but significant districts, Rudy set out on his long and lonely journey.  He had heard the mountains was the place to go, full of older, white people, so he set out towards the Appalachian trail.  After trekking across a couple of hostile states, he was lonely and weary but knew he was nearing his victory.  He entered a small town in New Jersey, not far from the trail and stopped to marvel at a large cock that caught his eye.  Just then his phone rang with the tune he always answered danced to.  As he snatched it from his pocket, he fumbled and dropped the contact list he had been given. Almost before he realized, it was swept up by a gust of wind and gone......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/22/2020 5:33 pm  #5

I think it's just wrinkled, not torn.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/22/2020 6:55 pm  #6

It's in code, deciphered it says loaf of whole wheat and a dozen eggs.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/22/2020 9:27 pm  #7

It is your standard post it sized paper.  No torn edges.

11/23/2020 7:15 am  #8

Old media cheat note made redundant by zoom and texting. Kid needs to up his game.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/23/2020 10:51 am  #9

Clearly it's a hit. The assassin's instructions are to find these two in the mountains, befriend Lennie, AKA "The Nicer One", gain his confidence to arrange a meeting with George, AKA "The Stirckter Person- The Boss" and take him out. Disappear into the crowd of older people.

Honestly, you folks. I'm worried about how long you'd survive without me.

Hey! That's me up there!

Board footera