cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2023 8:47 pm  #1

This broke my heart.... heads-up... many many possible triggers

Sorry I didn't really know how to title the topic. Basically do not continue, certainly don't click the link to BBC story if you may be traumatized by child cruelty and domestic violence.

I speed-read this story earlier and wasn't able to to invest much at the time, but it's been haunting me.  How, how, did this happen?  And yet, this story is sadly unbelievably not entirely unique.  

What I find particularly disturbing is that the neighbors called it in so many times.... I know it was covid lockdown, but still.... WTF????

I'm sorry to bring y'all down, but I needed to talk/express my anger/fury/sadness/pain/.... and you guys are pretty much it now I don't have... yeah

ok, you have been warned. I think.

Last edited by monster (6/14/2023 8:48 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/14/2023 9:15 pm  #2

Re: This broke my heart.... heads-up... many many possible triggers

Well, with any luck they'll be beaten almost to death and allowed to fully recover, only to be beaten nearly to death some more, over and over enough times to become tired of it and try to kill themselves with fire, only to fail to succeed and have to live the rest of their hopefully very long lives in unbelievably excruciating pain.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/15/2023 6:21 am  #3

I'm not gonna click. I'm a mandated reporter and over the years I've had to make some phone calls.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/15/2023 7:24 pm  #4

Oh, c'mon, click it.  Click it.  Monster and I don't want to suffer by ourselves....

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/15/2023 11:07 pm  #5

nah he's good. he does good. No need. But ffs.  Retribution/punishment?  I want to see the people who dismissed or ignored the calls for help from the neighbors brought to jutsice.  And I want "the system" to be fixed so .... yeah... and whirled peas would be good

honestly, I'd take this never happening again over whirled peas.  It seems like it has to be more achievable at least

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/16/2023 10:52 pm  #6

On the other hand there's this story of parents persecuted by over zealous do gooders.
https://www.thecut.com/article/child-abuse-munchausen-syndrome-by-proxy.html

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/17/2023 12:20 pm  #7

Alfie and Maya
I worked for many years as a juvenile court social worker for abused and neglected children and their families.
These two stories make me sad.

Board footera