cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2023 6:18 am  #1

It's been a Moist Summer 8/21/23

Boquet River downstream of Split Rock Falls site of a number of drownings over the years. The water was very cold Sunday but felt great after a morning of sawing firewood.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/25/2023 6:35 pm  #2

Re: It's been a Moist Summer 8/21/23

Gosh, I went down to Drumore near Conowingo dam and saw lots of wood both ways on both sides and didn't get hot at all.
Boom tish... just goofing with you. Yes, too damn much rain, everything is soggy all the time.
Speaking of hot, I got an email this afternoon from a friend near Dallas...

You don't have to cut wood to overheat, cutting a fart will do it.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

8/26/2023 6:26 am  #3

We aren't going to air condition our way out of this.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/26/2023 10:22 am  #4

Extremists in one party even insisted that global cooling was ongoing.   Now that 40 years of science has proven by the resulting science, those same extremists are now trying to claim this is not due to human activity.  Somehow this  sudden massive temperature increase in 40 years is a natural phenomena.  "I feel it is true, so it must be true."

Anything to protect a status quo and to cast disparaging mockery on others.  Since that enthralls an ego.

Extremists are a perfect example of adults still thinking like children.  They will do anything necessary to avert facts; not use a prefrontal cortex.  Since soundbytes (tweets posted by liars) and emotions are somehow sufficient to know.

Record high temperatures this year all over the world.  For many reasons.  Heat and greenhouse gases,, once absorbed by deep ocean currents, are now rising back up to return to the atmosphere.   As predicted some decads ago.

Last edited by tw (8/26/2023 10:23 am)

Board footera