cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2023 8:27 pm  #1

Would you get a hotel room without TV?

There are hotels that dont offer TV in their rooms. And this could be a beginning of a new trend.

Some owners think that their guests much rather would enjoy the breath-taking views from their bedroom. Others think that rooms without TV promote deep rest.

Many hotels now offer complimentary in-room Wi-Fi (in public spaces) so there is ample opportunity to watch content in the comfort of your room without a TV.

However,observations from hoteliers on guest behaviour suggests content consumption isnt as commonplace as you might expect.

http://ts2.space/en/the-future-of-hotel-tvs-are-they-at-risk

I used to like watching TV in a hotel room when it was a CRT SET.. Now I could care less as I do not like these flatscreen things that much........

8/17/2023 7:08 am  #2

Re: Would you get a hotel room without TV?

I would go without. I don't like a tv where I sleep generally. I'd prefer to read at bedtime.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/17/2023 9:30 am  #3

I've never chosen a hotel based on tv or no tv.

If I'm staying in a beautiful location, then there's no need for a tv.  If I'm on a road trip and staying in oh, let's say, Vernon CT,  then a TV is nice.

8/17/2023 11:50 am  #4

I don't think it's TV, it's live TV that people are ditching, both in hotels and out. But I've seen some hotels start to offer paid-for streaming services (basically they have an arrangement with Netflix for a bulk-use account that goes in every room,) and I suspect that will become the new "We Have HBO" selling point.

9/19/2023 12:59 pm  #5

Lots of changes in hotel/motel methodology. Years ago clean sheets every night (except the YMCA in Miami with sand in the bed), then clean sheets every 2nd or 3rd day. I stayed in a very upscale hotel in Flagstaff, AZ, Little America Hotel who said nobody from the hotel staff will enter your room for your entire stay unless you request some service like towels or clean something. I was there 5 nights and sure enough they only came when I beckoned them.
That policy must save them a ton of money.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera