cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2024 10:49 pm  #1

The Cellar comes full circle

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/03/2024 11:14 am  #2

Re: The Cellar comes full circle

Also called synthetic PFAS.  The stuff that permanently contaminates ground water.    A serious and known carcinogen.  Is it not that?

Last edited by tw (2/03/2024 6:37 pm)

2/03/2024 9:22 pm  #3

The Cellar comes full circle

Hah!

Foam-in-the-hangar is what got me to Teh Cellar!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/04/2024 9:22 am  #4

tw wrote:

Also called synthetic PFAS.  The stuff that permanently contaminates ground water.    A serious and known carcinogen.  Is it not that?

I did a lower service on my Fox mtb fork yesterday and was disappointed to find the oil has PFAS in it. They need to do better on eliminating this.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/04/2024 12:18 pm  #5

TheNeverWas wrote:

... what got me to Teh Cellar!

Now that Ohio State has copyrighted teh word, we can no longer use it?

2/04/2024 8:46 pm  #6

Whut?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/04/2024 8:59 pm  #7

You misspelled the word "the" in "Teh Cellar" on purpose, as a nod to old internet slang. Separately, Ohio State University insists, rather bizarrely, that they must be called THE Ohio State University. So, tw implied that you had been forced to misspell "teh" Cellar because The Ohio State University had trademarked the word "the" in their university name (which they sort of have, but not really, it's a whole stupid publicity thing.)

2/05/2024 9:43 am  #8

Who trademarked the word "What?"

Is that with or without the question mark?

Last edited by tw (2/05/2024 9:44 am)

2/05/2024 7:13 pm  #9

Clodfobble wrote:

You misspelled the word "the" in "Teh Cellar" on purpose, as a nod to old internet slang. Separately, Ohio State University insists, rather bizarrely, that they must be called THE Ohio State University. So, tw implied that you had been forced to misspell "teh" Cellar because The Ohio State University had trademarked the word "the" in their university name (which they sort of have, but not really, it's a whole stupid publicity thing.)

Ah, ok.

Thank you.

2/06/2024 7:10 am  #10

I guess we should relabel said Uni.

Them Ohio State

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/06/2024 10:13 am  #11

griff wrote:

Them Ohio State 

Them?  That is a horror film.  Or what the Penn State football team sees once a year.

Last edited by tw (2/06/2024 10:14 am)

2/06/2024 3:32 pm  #12

tw wrote:

Who trademarked the word "What?"

Is that with or without the question mark?

I didn't take the bait.

2/06/2024 6:23 pm  #13

Whut bait?

2/07/2024 3:21 am  #14

It's funny, I told Toad about that hangar foam story and he wasn't interested, so I gathered the pictures and story in an email to some friends including him. He posted it and badda boom... big badda boom.
I don't think he expected that, I know I sure didn't.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/07/2024 2:04 pm  #15

I'm glad you persevered.

2/08/2024 7:17 am  #16

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

It's funny, I told Toad about that hangar foam story and he wasn't interested, so I gathered the pictures and story in an email to some friends including him. He posted it and badda boom... big badda boom.
I don't think he expected that, I know I sure didn't.

Well done! You hear from that boy lately?

2/10/2024 4:33 am  #17

Nope, got an email all pissed off about something I said(wrote), never found out what it was. Told me not to send him the daily dose anymore, and rode off into the sunset.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/10/2024 12:53 pm  #18

"... and rode off into the sunset."
Leaning back with his eyes closed as his trusty Tesla headed east. 

2/10/2024 1:26 pm  #19

The YouTube political algorithm has become notorious. Watching it happen to one of our own was really weird and sad.

2/10/2024 2:40 pm  #20

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Nope, got an email all pissed off about something I said(wrote), never found out what it was.

This was always distressing to me.  A completely different person from the one I knew in the 1980s.   It has always concerned me that he changed so much from when The Cellar was just a dialup board - that long ago.  Just did not know why.  But over the decades, he kept changing.

The expression "Change is good" does not always applies.

Appreciate how revolutionary he was in the earlier days.

Last edited by tw (2/10/2024 2:41 pm)

Board footera