cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2024 2:33 am  #1

Valentine Dogs

I don't know if this is AI generated but I'm pretty sure it's not real.
At first glance something seemed off from the group pictures that popped up recently
The closer I look at it the more confident I am it's not a photograph of real dogs.
That said, it's still a cute Valentines Day image.
Love the one you're with.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/14/2024 12:10 pm  #2

Re: Valentine Dogs

I'm having trouble with AI.
Someone with the time and know how could make this photo with the tools available a decade ago.
It seems that real AI would only need "HAL, make a heart shape out of dogs (with maybe llamas in the back)."
With AI, you could say "Now make another one" and get something totally different.

So far, most of AI seems to be just better manipulation of reality by tech savvy dickheads.

2/15/2024 7:41 am  #3

True words.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/15/2024 8:41 am  #4

Concur.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

2/15/2024 6:45 pm  #5

Diaphone Jim wrote:

I'm having trouble with AI. 

It was once called CGI.  And Photoshop.  The software has simply become better.  So they simply hype it as AI - as if it was something different and evil.

Last edited by tw (2/15/2024 6:46 pm)

2/16/2024 8:50 am  #6

Uncanny Valley dogs

The biggest problem I see with AI images is that they are so good, that I've gotten to the point that I don't trust any crazy looking photos any longer.  You see an impressive image and are now like *meh* because you just can't trust anything now.  However, I do think we become more sophisticated consumers and in this arms race, our skills are improving.  And if we err on the side of being skeptical, then that's probably a good thing.

2/17/2024 11:28 am  #7

No problem.  We will us AI to detect faked pictures.   And then AI will create a whole new, world wide, war - over honesty.  Larger honest server farms at war with lying server farms.

Sound like a new Sci-Fi novel.

Last edited by tw (2/17/2024 11:29 am)

2/18/2024 2:25 am  #8

Maybe we need an AI congress I've heard AI can lie and cheat splendidly.

2/22/2024 10:41 pm  #9

You know cats must crash the party...

Board footera