cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2024 5:39 pm  #1

Shipping, Delivery

I bought a book online, biography of a white woman pilot living/working in Africa during the ’20 & ‘30s.
I ordered it January 3rd but no hurry because I’ve got a couple books here ahead of it.
Watching the shipping has been a hoot, can’t wait to see where it goes next.
By the way, Dallas to Grand Prairie is 13½ miles,York is about 100 miles away from me.
Aston is about 50 feet from me. Now, in Egg Harbor, about 70 miles away from me.
But it looks like it's finally in the hands of the USPS. I've no idea who the "shipping partner" might be.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/13/2024 11:22 pm  #2

Re: Shipping, Delivery

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

...I've no idea who the "shipping partner" might be.

Shipping Partner: OSM WORLDWIDE

This tracking page names the shipping partner:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tRef=fullpage&tLc=2&text28777=&tLabels=9241990288794709469371
(Click on "See All Tracking History.")

2/18/2024 1:13 am  #3

Re: Shipping, Delivery

I got to watch Fedex over the last few days.A 4 lb box from Grimes, Iowa.
They give me the arrival and departure time at each location and Google gave the mileage between stops.
It's kind of weird 6 hours to go 9 miles but I take the arrival and departure times with a grain of salt.
I doubt they are clock my package just the truck it's supposed to be on.
But if my 4 lb package goes on first followed by 50,000 lbs of load that would take some time to unload.
But because I have no life I found it interesting how the funnel stuff into larger depots then to a facility on the cross country routes going east/west or north/south.
I think they were supposed to hand off the the post office for last mile, but I was logging on so often to check I made them nervous and they brought it to my door.
I say that because a notice came up on the tracking page that it would not be delivered by the post office and would be delivered by them after it left MD.
It surprised me considering the snow today.
See how easily amused I am.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera