cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2024 5:49 pm  #1

Celebrating?

Whatcha celebrating today? I'm leaning towards pitchers and catchers but chocolates have been distributed.

What is your chosen holiday on 2/14/2024

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/15/2024 12:44 pm  #2

Re: Celebrating?

The Giants need to fill their roster. Otherwise I am very glad to see a new season!

2/15/2024 4:46 pm  #3

I loved baseball before analytics created a boring game of mostly strikeout,sometimes walk, and occasionally homer. Hopefully we can get back to putting the ball in play,  base-running, and defense. I really want to listen to my Yanks on the radio again.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/16/2024 11:39 pm  #4

I needed an "other" option.  I celebrated submitting all my documents ready for the IRB submission.  This festival does not have a cool name, but I whooped so loudly I made the boss jump :D

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/17/2024 10:07 am  #5

Terrible polling gaff on my part.
You've been in 'Merica a while, time to take up bazbol.

2/18/2024 12:30 am  #6

I could do a pitcher or two, but what's a catcher, like a barf bag?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/18/2024 9:36 am  #7

The ghost of Thurman Munson would like a word.
The pitcher who I believe threw the first MLB game I ever watched live died this week. Don Gullett died on Valentines Day, he was 73.

2/18/2024 11:17 am  #8

I was disenfranchised by omission of the option... Valentine's Day and 2nd Amendment  Celebration.

Saint Valentine's Day Massacre: Credit where credit is due. The rest are just copycats. I believe I posted this at the old place for Valentine's Day.:

"Chicago Typewriter"

2/19/2024 6:51 am  #9

I should have started with a survey. My grad school training didn't take. Blessed massacre my friend.

Board footera