cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/29/2024 2:33 am  #1

Patents

Here is the first adjustable wrench... at least the first patented one.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/29/2024 7:11 am  #2

Re: Patents

I like that design but I'd guess it'd be a little fussy under working conditions?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/08/2024 2:42 am  #3

I don't think it would take much abuse but back in 1850 tools were spendy and not available everywhere. I think blacksmiths were still a valid source. Then the hardware you were working with was made to looser standards so this adjustable would be even better to have, to cover variations.

3/10/2024 6:21 pm  #4

Here's one that's appropriate, applicable, needed these days....
=13px

5/05/2024 7:16 am  #5

You pull up to the drive up window smelling the sweet smells wafting out of the window during the transaction then head home with supper on the seat... within easy reach. Hmm... really should open the bag to let moisture out so things don’t get soggy. The smell of French Fries wafting from the bag nullifies the pine tree on the mirror and kids trash on the backseat floor. You really should check to see if the order is ok before you get home... you know, to prevent being embarrassed. So you reach into the bag and pluck a fry with two fingers but quickly switch fingers because it’s hot. Almost too hot to eat... I said almost, but you let it cool for a few seconds while justifying you’re bringing it to the table so deserve an extra fry, the sweetest fries in history are stolen on the ride home. Now picture that fry has been injected with ketchup, cheese, gopher guts, what ever to wanted... ambrosia.
This patent application by Mr Brient has 54 pages of various ways to do this so nobody could steal his idea and do it a different way in order to circumvent his patent. The patent expired so I guess he didn’t want to do it, just sell his idea.
=13px

5/06/2024 6:34 am  #6

A little fentanyl keeps them coming back, until they don't.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera