cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2022 9:49 pm  #26

Re: Ugh... this whole job thing.....

(and the questions about criminality were an afterthought at the end) further comments about recent lawsuits etc omitted b/c yeah ;) )

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/14/2022 10:32 pm  #27

A little late to the game, but CONGRATS!  I just had to go through a background check, too.  It's nerve-wracking even when you know that nothing on there would be a problem

2/15/2022 7:41 pm  #28

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh..... they already got back to me (automated) "further information request" wanting my degree certificates.  Why not just put that in the original submission then?  Who wrote this pile of garbage?  Back down to the basement

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/15/2022 7:46 pm  #29

I'm procrastinating because I have one remaining idea where they might be and if they're not, then...... well I'm just going to try and find a human to plead with that you can't get a PhD without a bachelor's so....
or something

2/15/2022 11:00 pm  #30

Well I did search that area and I didn't find it, so I'm pretty stuck.   But whatevs, I'll find a way.  Not tonight, though, Josephine.

2/25/2022 6:51 pm  #31

so..... there are two of us starting in the department on Monday.  The other person is already getting on my tits.  Every time the admins/whoever email us both with info and cc the boss peeps, she replies all with gushy gushy suckyup unnecessary blather email. 

So yes, I researched her..... just ugh.  Oh well, maybe she'll surprise me ;)

Today was my last day at the other job, just before they were going to take me to lunch, the U emailed with a zillion paperwork hoops to jump through by 9am Monday.  at 1pm on a Friday.  ffs.  Bless my boss who didn't mind me doing some of it on the work computer (I multitasked and scheduled clients at the same time).  She also instantly "hates" new cow orker from her emails which I may have bitched about a tiny bit   Anyhoo, I managed to snag an appointment to do I9 this afternoon, quit work a tiny bit early, raced home, grabbed passport and got that done.  Did vaccine proof thing, ascertained which of the conflicting emails about when to get ID card (before/after start) was correct........    but no email for the employee details, W2 like they said was coming and I must do.... before Monday.  called just before 5pm (sorry, dear helpful person, I know you were hoping to leave on time)   oh dear. well try this short cut.  oh the system appears not to be working. oh um oops.  maybe try later tonight.  maybe try a different browser.... at least I ascertained that I can actually start without this stuff being done.

2/25/2022 6:52 pm  #32

dang you've been busy

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/25/2022 6:52 pm  #33

Welcome to the big machine

2/25/2022 6:54 pm  #34

what did you dream?
IT'S ALRIGHT WE TOLD YOU WHAT TO DREAM

2/25/2022 6:55 pm  #35

Flint wrote:

dang you've been busy

I now have beer and have told the cat he'll damn well have to wait a few more minutes for dinner 'cause I'm busy bitchin' on teh cellar  

2/25/2022 7:02 pm  #36

What is a "cow orker".  Does observation define one?  Or does that describe one who is running for the barn exactly at 5 PM?

3/14/2024 11:11 pm  #37

Oh hai.  two years on.... first day in my new (shared) office :D  NO MORE CUBE.   No promotion, it's on seniority and need, but I don't care.  office has a WINDOW!!!! I get door seat of course but yay!

Had a great positive quarterly review with supervisor yesterday, but..... office is the thing that's  making me happy rn.  So many lesser mortals stopped by to gawp ;)

OFFICE!!!!!!!!

3/14/2024 11:12 pm  #38

(Space is such a premium that getting a spot in an office with a door you can close is a huge deal -can you tell? :D )

3/14/2024 11:13 pm  #39

..and office mate (who is also awkwardly also my other supervisor) prefers to work from home.  Mine all mine.  Why  yes, i played my rock station without headphones 

3/15/2024 7:06 am  #40

Right on!  I'm very happy for you.

My office situation in my lifetime at this joint has been so wack over the years.  I'm currently in my own house with a window and a view of trees that are blossoming.  It's nicer than the biggest corner office the name partners have.  But that's because I'm remote today.  Monday through Wednesday I'm in a cubicle in a shared office of 2 with no door, but at least my back is to the wall, so nobody can sneak up on me or see my screen.  I used to have a large 10x12 private office with a big mahogany desk and a guest armchair. I had 4 of those nice offices over the years.  Before that it was 4 small desks in a room with a door.

It doesn't really matter too much but it's annoying M-W when my office mate has a zoom meeting going on and talks in a loud voice for a half hour and I can hear the others in the meeting on the speaker.

3/15/2024 8:37 am  #41

Currently my office is a Subaru Impreza sedan. It's not that comfortable. I can however keep a bike on my office roof which is nice and I can park for river views.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/15/2024 1:11 pm  #42

Oh my God you have A WINDOW. This is amazing to me. When I go into someone's office that has a window I just stare out the window the whole time. I've always worked in a lead-shielded dungeon where I have no idea what kind of electromagnetic signals are happening in the outside world.

3/15/2024 11:05 pm  #43

Apparently, windows with real daylight and everything are a pain in the ass for zoom meetings.  Don't fucking care tho.......window window window.....:D

3/16/2024 6:41 am  #44

I have a window rite next to me during our quarterly Zoom meetings. And I have no problems.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

Board footera