cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2023 11:41 pm  #51

Re: Where the Hell is Toad's Tesla Thread???

We had electric mail trucks back in the day...

Didn't work out all that great but they did the job if there were no hills or highways.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/23/2024 6:22 am  #52

Happy Monkey wrote:

I had noticed that he got increasingly brittle since he started quoting Jordan Peterson back on the old site. 

So this is getting serious now. My Dad is, thankfully, not on the internet.He is a right wing Catholic because he lives in an extreme right wing diocese, he's easily manipulated and used to be kept out of trouble by my mom before she passed. He was reading his Catholic paper when I dropped in last night and he quotes, I shit you not, Jordan Peterson criticizing the Pope in his fucking Catholic newspaper. It would appear that The Grift, is combining with religion for a meta-grift. Rogan did an interview with Carlson who is apparently on board as well.  crap

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/23/2024 9:56 pm  #53

we saw the new tesla truck thing from the coffee shop after parkrun a few weeks back.  Took forever to stop laughing.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/23/2024 11:38 pm  #54

Jordan Peterson is, and I mean this with zero percent hyperbole, literally, a ƒucking Nazi. He's so soft spoken and mild mannered, and he talks a big talk of being neither Left nor Right wing, but if you critically examine the ideas he is mainstreaming, they are, quite literally and with no exaggeration, actual Nazi propoganda. I can back this up with receipts after receipts after receipts of video footage of things he has said, right out of his mouth, while on camera, but I'm not going to, and nobody cares anyway.

To anyone who has been duped by his pseudo-intellectual, self-help gobbledygook, I am truly sorry, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If you were up against the wall, I would probably step in front. But it's more than you deserve, for your part in dismantling civil society.

Maybe Hell is being able to see the world you wanted to create coming to fruition.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/24/2024 6:04 am  #55

I guess we couldn't expect his nonsense to stay contained on YouTube with a generation of folks left to target. If they were to attempt to remake the world in the image of a right wing schism of the Catholic Church our country would be ungovernable.

Cybertruck really just focuses me on what one idiot has done to what could have been a great manufacturing company.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/24/2024 12:53 pm  #56

The same idiot who bought, and tanked, one of the biggest outlets for political activism.
Meanwhile, the other biggest outlet for political activism is being banned. Hmm.. wonder if there's a pattern here. Probably no big deal, democracy will somehow keep on surviving.

Last edited by Flint (4/24/2024 12:54 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/27/2024 11:24 pm  #57

Flint wrote:

Probably no big deal, democracy will somehow keep on surviving.

I wish I could share your optimism.

4/28/2024 1:59 am  #58

Cute but food for thought...
=13px

4/28/2024 5:43 am  #59

Would we put lead in the fuel or would we already know about all the negative outcomes for instance climate change?

4/28/2024 9:51 am  #60

Imagine we lived in a world where all cars were EVs, and then along comes a new invention.

While reading this, Jerry Seinfeld is describing comedy.

Board footera