cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2020 11:06 am  #1

November 22nd, 2020: Social Distancing

These black cabs have been parked up on some farmland near London to wait out the epidemic as demand for taxis has plummeted.  Photo credit Victoria Jones/PA Wire via BBC

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/03/2020 5:22 pm  #2

Re: November 22nd, 2020: Social Distancing

It makes me wonder how much we're going to comeback when we come back. What percentage of those cabs are not going back into service?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/03/2020 10:02 pm  #3

I think they'll all be back in service within another year or two. People have short memories.

12/05/2020 9:07 am  #4

Pete's company has opened the door to permanent work from home. I wonder...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/06/2020 8:14 am  #5

Anything's possible. But I also think things are "permanent" until they're not. Five years from now, a new manager comes in, says he's got numbers proving productivity has plummeted compared to 2019, and the new policy is everyone comes to the office everyday? People will grumble, like they always do with change, but they'll do it.

12/06/2020 8:44 am  #6

Which aligns nicely with her retirement! Yeah, I can see people pushing through to normal just to put this behind them.

12/09/2020 11:59 am  #7

Clodfobble wrote:

Anything's possible. But I also think things are "permanent" until they're not. Five years from now, a new manager comes in, says he's got numbers proving productivity has plummeted compared to 2019, and the new policy is everyone comes to the office everyday? People will grumble, like they always do with change, but they'll do it.

Real nice family that new manager's got. It would be a shame if something were to happen to them...

Hey! That's me up there!

Board footera