cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/15/2020 8:55 am  #1

New New Cellar

Dana found this and posted it on the old place. Looks good to me.
https://www.proboards.com/free-forum-features

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/15/2020 9:13 am  #2

Re: New New Cellar

I need help putting it together, here it is  cellarii.freeforums.net We get 50K page views a month for free for $6.00 a month.
Now that I've caught it I don't know what to do with it.

Last edited by fargon (10/15/2020 9:17 am)

10/15/2020 9:25 am  #3

I odn't know how it all works and how easy it will be to restart on a new board - but if our resident competant peeps are up to it, this might make a good option. 

I was able to upload an img file from my hard drive - 1mb size limit - comes up as a smallish image (bit bigger than a thumbnail) and then you click it to open in a viewer. 

Also the paid version allows you to set your own domain name I believe 

Last edited by DanaC (10/15/2020 9:26 am)

10/15/2020 9:26 am  #4

The paid version of that site (meaning no limit on number of posts, not just pageviews for those posts) is $50 per month. And they will almost certainly have spam filters via captcha as well.

10/15/2020 9:27 am  #5

Clodfobble wrote:

The paid version of that site (meaning no limit on number of posts, not just pageviews for those posts) is $50 per month. And they will almost certainly have spam filters via captcha as well.

Oww - bloody hell that's priceyi

10/15/2020 9:30 am  #6

Do we know what triggers the captcha? 

Having had just the one when I first joined, it's now asking for one on every post and edit

10/15/2020 9:33 am  #7

I will look into it. The only "Spam Control" options I have are

1.) Make users wait XX seconds between posts
2.) Make users wait XX minutes before they can register a second new account from the same IP address
3.) Make users post XX posts before they can post a link
4.) Make users post XX posts before they can post 10 links
5.) Block new registrations from XX country

I will look on the boardhost support forums to see if there's another way to stop the recaptchas...

10/15/2020 9:35 am  #8

Yeah, it's a cookie settings thing:

https://boardhost.com/privacy.html

10/15/2020 9:38 am  #9

that would be cool - I think it's the only issue that can't be worked around currently 

10/15/2020 9:57 am  #10

I just posted a pic on cellarii and there was no captcha.  As admin I can set up censored words and all kinds of other things.

10/15/2020 10:02 am  #11

I really like Cellarii, but the cost for going [aid version is way high - now we can probably raise enough to keep it going but it could easily fall foul of a downturn in membership and donations. 

There will almost certainly be at least one person who can stand the cost of $15 per month to keep the site going during any difficult spells, but $50 a month could be problematic

10/15/2020 10:08 am  #12

The upload button seems to allow direct file from computer but it doesnt then post to the message. 

Trying the host from the banner:

Pic by Mum:

10/15/2020 10:19 am  #13

fargon wrote:

I just posted a pic on cellarii and there was no captcha.  As admin I can set up censored words and all kinds of other things.

We can do that here if we start getting into trouble. Ironic, I know, given jamin’s fetish for foul language but there ya go ....

Living life on the edge.

10/15/2020 10:34 am  #14

It is now CellarMk!!!

Board footera