cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2020 5:36 pm  #1

QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE

In keeping with the current fashion of continuing what we had with what we have...

How do I add an image to a post?

TIA

Be Just And Fear Not

10/13/2020 5:42 pm  #2

Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE

Boardhost does not include image hosting, either in the paid or free version. Looks like they have to be hotlinked or hosted elsewhere...

ETA: Keeping in mind that this whole thing is still in the beta phase--UT has us covered until December 31st. If someone finds a hosting option that folks like better, I'm more than willing to change horses midstream.

Last edited by Clodfobble (10/13/2020 5:44 pm)

10/13/2020 5:45 pm  #3

Turns out, you can't upload any image TO boardhost.

You *can* use a specialized tag,

[img][/img]

around a URL that points to a site that contains the image file.  That's new and too bad.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/13/2020 5:46 pm  #4

isn't that just a hot link?

Last edited by lumberjim (10/13/2020 5:47 pm)

10/14/2020 12:43 pm  #5

Not a fan of the equivalent of "new posts"...

"posts" is a list of out-of-context posts
"active topics" is similar to the original "new posts", but it marks all of the topics as read, whether you read them at that point or not.

10/14/2020 1:51 pm  #6

Happy Monkey wrote:

"active topics" is similar to the original "new posts", but it marks all of the topics as read, whether you read them at that point or not.

You have articulated what I had noticed. My workaround is to view the board index which highlights where new posts are. This might be more cumbersome when traffic increases, I suppose.

Living life on the edge.

10/14/2020 2:51 pm  #7

I remember that actually used to be a problem years ago with an earlier version of vBulletin. I would only visit the Cellar when I knew I had enough time to read everything, because it would mark all the threads read based on my visit time, and I would miss stuff.

10/14/2020 6:38 pm  #8

is there a way to make the header image redirect to the main index instead of to postimages.org? i'm so used to clicking the header to refresh/return to index

10/15/2020 3:14 am  #9

erika wrote:

is there a way to make the header image redirect to the main index instead of to postimages.org? i'm so used to clicking the header to refresh/return to index

I agree, it’s kinda a default that that happens. Maybe I’ll write a description of how to use postimages and we can make it a sticky in a couple of image threads?

Living life on the edge.

10/15/2020 11:12 am  #10

Happy Monkey wrote:

Guess what happens when there are two pages of active topics?  Yes, the second page is already marked as read when you switch to it.

10/17/2020 7:57 am  #11

On the old Cellar, I usually go right to New Posts. Am I missing it here?

A changed man?

10/17/2020 9:59 am  #12

There's an "active topics" link on the upper right that serves effectively the same function. It should be noted that it works based on a timestamp in your cookies of your last visit, which means if you come here, and only read some new threads, then the next time you come back it will still assume you've read everything prior to the last time you showed up.

10/17/2020 10:33 am  #13

ahhh - ok that makes sense. 

10/17/2020 11:14 am  #14

Looks like if I open each new topic in a new tab, I don't risk updating the cookie for page two of active topics.

10/22/2020 3:40 am  #15

Im very happy at how much this software looks like VB3,im quite surprised..... Its just abouf as fast as the cellar is also.......

I havent ever seen any other site running this but its renders perfect on IE6!! (So it must render on any browser in use now)

Thank you Clodfobble

10/23/2020 7:14 pm  #16

Is there a way to block/unsubscribe/whatever particular forums? (I just have no interested in reading anything about politics or current events.)

10/23/2020 8:07 pm  #17

yeah, basically just poke your eyes out

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/24/2020 4:17 am  #18

SteveDallas wrote:

Is there a way to block/unsubscribe/whatever particular forums? (I just have no interested in reading anything about politics or current events.)

Unfortunately not, but just scroll on by. I often use the “active topics” view to catch up here, and if I see that a post is in a forum Imma not going into I just skip past 💃.

Living life on the edge.

10/27/2020 9:20 am  #19

Similar to the questions about how to find new posts is how can you see what you have posted? I can't keep track of every conversation I've had or remember what thread some comment was in. I used to go to "find more posts by footfootfoot" and then see where I'd been. How do the rest of you keep track of what you've done and where you've been?

Hey! That's me up there!

10/27/2020 9:35 am  #20

I think you'd have to use the Search facility (in the top menu, along with Index and User List etc). You can look for posts by footfootfoot and sort them in date descending order.

Living life on the edge.

10/27/2020 9:40 am  #21

Thank You! You are very clever. I want you for my team.

Last edited by footfootfoot (10/27/2020 9:41 am)

Hey! That's me up there!

10/28/2020 8:30 pm  #22

Undertoad wrote:

Click on "User Options" and then under User Activity, "Show All Posts"

Also on my team.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/10/2020 7:13 am  #23

I hope so. The place looks nutty replying to a non-existent user.

"Sarge... come back."

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/10/2020 12:37 pm  #24

Wtf?

11/11/2020 7:09 am  #25

tw hit him with a wall of text.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera