cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2020 4:22 pm  #1

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

I don't even know what's parody anymore.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/31/2020 9:42 pm  #2

Re: Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

I like you griff. But Lin Wood hasn't anything to offer me, no factual information and the fiction isn't funny.

Next!

Be Just And Fear Not

1/05/2021 7:50 am  #3

More comedy:

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/05/2021 7:58 am  #4

What a nutcase, he can't be for real.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/05/2021 8:43 am  #5

Either he's nuts or he is organizing his "I'm nutz" defense.

1/05/2021 7:33 pm  #6

griff wrote:

Either he's nuts or he is organizing his "I'm nutz" defense.

We learn from history.  Into the 1920s and early 1930s, intelligent people all over Germany said same about Hitler.  And then said it could not happen here.

Learn from tyranny.  Starts by only manipulating (targeting) the most naive.  Who somehow know he won the election only because extremist media told them what to believe.  Suddenly it was good and righteous to attack Jews and other 'inferior' people.  To attack a pizza shop with an assault rifle.  To bomb downtown Nashville.  Or to burn down the Reichstag.  Does not matter who did it.  Fundamental institutions are disparaged.  Then paramilitaries march through streets in Nuremberg or Charlottesville.   Families who lost loved ones (ie Sandy Hook) then receive death threats.  Extremist find nothing wrong with that.

Some 300 Trump supporter parade through mains streets in PA with big Trump flags also containing pictures of AK-47s.  Brainwashing is that easy.  When denials of reality and other such behavior is normal, then a next step has been taken toward fascism.  It can happen anywhere.  As demonstrated repeatedly throughout history.

As demonstrated by Stanley Milgram in Yale University.  Milgram defined two mental states.

First: autonomous state where a person thinks for himself; takes responsibility for his actions

Second: agentic state where a person allows others to order them what to believe.  And then passes off those actions as someone else's responsibility.  Blames others for his actions.  (ie only bad intelligence said a pizza shop was a Hilary Clinton pedophile operation.  Parents in Sandy Hook deserved those threats.  Dr Fauci and his wife should be constantly threatened by hate.  Kidnapping the MI Governor would be a good thing.)

A fact that was repeated so many times.  First are adults who act as adults.  Second are those who act like children.  Will even recite obvious lies from a scumbag like Trump.

Some adults use their pre-frontal cortex.  Others are still using the emotional (reptilian) brain of a child.  First step to fascism is to recruit that second group with diatribes of disinformation while doing what Hitler stated.  Disparage the bourgeois and intelligentsia.

How many death threats have been directed at the Secretary of State for Georgia?  Because so many adults, who are still children, are recruits for fascism.

Last edited by tw (1/05/2021 7:36 pm)

Board footera