cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2021 8:52 am  #1

Outrage Clicks

I tried to talk to my Uncle about Outrage Clicking, it didn't go well. He has despite all evidence within our own family decided that young people hate America and librul teachers are to blame. I know clicking is a problem because I was doing it a lot and am working hard at not doing it.

https://medium.com/@tobiasrose/the-enemy-in-our-feeds-e86511488de

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/10/2021 8:54 am  #2

Re: Outrage Clicks

My concern is that people are self radicalizing based on nothing in their real lives.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/10/2021 10:32 am  #3

Spot on Tone. The addiction aspect of this is going to get things rolling.

1/11/2021 2:20 am  #4

"...but you have heard of me." [/Capt Jack Sparrow]

Do you mean Sports, Reality TV, and Celebrity gossip won't cut it anymore?

I clicked on a lot of things to be aware of what others were reading but can't remember one that changed my mind.
It did keep me from being blindsided with stupid shit in some cases, girding my brains loins so to speak.
I think the people throwing up outlandish bullshit and wacky conspiracies will always control  the agenda no matter what. So many people believe the crap you can't let it slide for fear it will recruit one more wack doodle

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera