cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/19/2021 7:05 pm  #76

Re: How Dangerous is this Q Business?

How do you feel about Gay Conversion Therapy?

Be Just And Fear Not

1/19/2021 7:49 pm  #77

I don't understand about the trailer hitch.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

1/19/2021 9:18 pm  #78

Undertoad wrote:

BigV wrote:

How do you feel about Gay Conversion Therapy?

It's a silly practice, why is that relevant?

Oliver's roast of Pence's rabbit was largely aimed at Pence's homophobic attitudes and actions, including support for gay conversion therapy.  I don't have any objection to objectionable positions held by public figures being publicly mocked.

That's why it's relevant.

Be Just And Fear Not

2/09/2021 9:40 pm  #79

Hi UT

I'd be fine if you were to volunteer to track the score, I'm just playing for funsies anyhow.

I find Mike Pence and the things documented to have come out of his mouth to be pretty uniformly despicable.  His grotesque obsequiousness, his slavish prostration before and behind the former president runs into and past self-parody.  The most notable exception was his Constitutionally-regular presiding over the counting of the ballots in the Electoral College.  I believe he did this because he felt he could bolt through the escape door of the end of his term before the former president could catch'im.  Pence isn't dumb, he's definitely read the Constitution, or trusts someone who has, or both, and did his cost/benefit analysis, trusted his security detail and got away with growing a vertebra.  woo hoo.  

The stories about his homophobia all suit me.  They conform neatly to my own confirmation bias.  As Pence is a former elected official, I'm feeling generous and I'll take your "mixed" cite at snopes.com of the presumptions of his particular opinions about gay conversion therapy as a point for your side; conceded.  My previous positions about his validity as a target of public mockery are otherwise unchanged.

I know we've strayed from the thread of Q, more on that later.  And I'm looking forward to more of your insights on the media* in the future too. 

Be Just And Fear Not

2/10/2021 9:17 am  #80

To respond to the OP without any whataboutisms, Q was represented to one degree or another in the events of 1/6.  In addition, you have the Crazytown Twins, Greene and Boebert, spouting off everything from Q talking points to assassination fantasies to JEWISH SPACE LASERS, for ****'s sake.

That is of course leaving aside the core Qanon belief that dems are running underage sex slavery in the basement of a building that doesn't have a basement.

It is my opinion that Q as a whole is not particularly dangerous, so much as it is really dumb and more than a bit crazy.  It's devouring the GOP, and I can't stop laughing.

Last edited by Luce (2/10/2021 9:17 am)

Weaponized Funk

Board footera