cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2020 4:38 pm  #1

New Cellar

So far I'm liking the experience and I'm happy to see everything coming back.

I started with the dial-up site.  There was some scrambling with some kind of bridge line when I think Tony moved, but I'm not counting that. The second stage of the Celler was when it went to telnet.  The third stage was when it went to the world wide web.

By my calculation this is the fourth iteration of the seller.  In Dr. Who terms that means that this is the Tom Baker version, which is a great place to end up.

Just please no ***ing robot dogs....

Last edited by richlevy (10/14/2020 4:40 pm)

Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!

10/14/2020 4:39 pm  #2

Re: New Cellar

Agreed.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/14/2020 4:45 pm  #3

richlevy wrote:

I started with the dial-up site. There was some scrambling with some kind of bridge line when I think Tony moved, but I'm not counting that. The second stage of the Celler was when it went to telnet. The third stage was when it went to the world wide web.

By my calculation this is the fourth iteration of the seller. In Dr. Who terms that means that this is the Tom Baker version, which is a great place to end up.

The full history of the Cellar can be found if you click the “Rules” button at the top of the page.

Living life on the edge.

10/14/2020 6:01 pm  #4

Limey wrote:

The full history of the Cellar can be found if you click the “Rules” button at the top of the page.

I had to switch back to the desktop version to see the rules.  It brings back memories.  I jumped into the Cellar post KAOS.  The first GTG I went to was at the Reading terminal market where someone gave me a KAOS S***thammer poster.  I think I gave RichH a ride home.

Back then it was hard to tell by area code if there was a surcharge for phone calls so I kept the call log for my BBS calls.  I wish I still had it.

10/14/2020 6:10 pm  #5

good to see an old-timer here

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/15/2020 5:12 am  #6

richlevy wrote:

I started with the dial-up site. There was some scrambling with some kind of bridge line when I think Tony moved, but I'm not counting that. The second stage of the Celler was when it went to telnet. The third stage was when it went to the world wide web.

By my calculation this is the fourth iteration of the seller. In Dr. Who terms that means that this is the Tom Baker version, which is a great place to end up.

Whoah - don't be dissing K9 - that dog had mad skillz

10/19/2020 9:07 pm  #7

richlevy wrote:

Ahhh...so that’s why we have the CAPTCHA! 

12/11/2020 10:13 pm  #8

I'm not dead yet. 

"Neither can his Mind be thought to be in Tune,whose words do jarre; nor his reason In frame, whose sentence is preposterous..."

12/11/2020 10:17 pm  #9

That's good to hear!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/12/2020 12:16 am  #10

Hi Maggie!

12/12/2020 12:33 am  #11

MaggieL wrote:

I'm not dead yet. 

snorted out loud.  

this dwellar needs "in the hour of scampering" as a user title (imo) -I loved that 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/12/2020 7:37 am  #12

Hi Maggie.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/12/2020 5:06 pm  #13

MaggieL wrote:

I'm not dead yet. 

Let's keep it that way awhile, eh?

Be Just And Fear Not

12/22/2020 12:37 pm  #14

I miss having the ability to look up posts by person.  If I login a few days later it's hard to find out all the threads I was involved in.  Unless I'm missing something here.

And I do not want to set up any kind of notification on my posts.

Last edited by richlevy (12/22/2020 12:38 pm)

12/22/2020 1:14 pm  #15

If I click on your name, the page it takes me to has a "show all posts" link within the "user activity" box. Pretty sure that's available to everyone and not just me.

12/22/2020 3:09 pm  #16

Clodfobble wrote:

If I click on your name, the page it takes me to has a "show all posts" link within the "user activity" box. Pretty sure that's available to everyone and not just me.

It is but it lacks the feature that indicates if someone has replied to your post.

Hey! That's me up there!

12/26/2020 1:42 pm  #17

I just figured out that the issue is the mobile site.   When I switch to desktop everything works fine. The trade-off is that the text gets real small

Last edited by richlevy (12/26/2020 1:43 pm)

12/26/2020 10:56 pm  #18

richlevy wrote:

I just figured out that the issue is the mobile site.   When I switch to desktop everything works fine. The trade-off is that the text gets real small

Pinch - zoom is your friend.

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera