cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2021 11:00 pm  #1

Daily Dickhead

I can see both sides to this story, but I think the owner of the parking lot is being a dickhead.  Doesn't sound like he's needed the space for business, so hasn't cost him anything extra.  Sure, charge, but do a fucking deal.... be reasonable.  Don't be a dick.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer/help-me-hank/2021/02/18/metro-detroit-woman-faces-28k-bill-to-retrieve-car-from-toronto-parking-lot/

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/18/2021 12:59 am  #2

Re: Daily Dickhead

huge dick

or

tiny dick

not even a regular dick

dickless probably

ffs, let the woman have her car back.

"generic replies"  "I haven't been making money".  I don't know all the details, but I'd think playground rules apply, what's fair. 

yean.  that probably won't work either.  He has the leverage of possession of her car, she has .. she doesn't have much.  It'll be impounded, charges will fly, negotiated claims will fly like ships passing on the tracks, the first to settle will get paid first and most, the rest will rush to settle while there's still money, the woman at the end of the chain will ... maybe... get her ten year old Honda back. but lose money in the process.

it's messed up.

hq, where's the revelator to settle this dispute like Solomon?

Be Just And Fear Not

2/18/2021 7:26 am  #3

Parking is pretty monopolistic which leads to shitty outcomes without rules. There should have been contact made early on which is in dispute. Everybody is getting beat on this, but they should have had an agreement a week into this. *Blame Canada*

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/18/2021 1:13 pm  #4

It's ransom, so it should be called car-napping.
And it is ubiquitous.

Board footera