cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/26/2020 1:40 pm  #1

Whoops, another Rabbit hole

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/28/2020 3:12 am  #2

Re: Whoops, another Rabbit hole

Second verse same as the first except doggie treats this time...

All the blogs are posted year end lists of best this, top 10 that, for anything you can imagine.
Plus they'll have the top 10 whatchamacallits from 7 different sources... opinions galore.
I was curious why these went the best dog treats. They have Lamb, Beef, Chicken, Duck, and a bunch of others.

12/28/2020 11:37 pm  #3

How does one coat something with raw?

12/30/2020 12:19 am  #4

Read the two lines above the "Full ingredient list".

2/25/2021 11:29 pm  #5

OK, this time human treats. Well not really treats, more like staples.
The newspaper with the article about Smiley the Jeep also had some reminders on rationing stamps that were running out.
I knew there was rationing during the Big One, WW II, hearing sugar because the Nazi subs were sinking sugar ships from South America and materiel production and well as soldiers perform better on sugar. So that was the #1 item to be rationed, and lasted until 1947.
Rubber and gasoline because the Japs had seized all the rubber plantations. Actually there was plenty of gas but rationing it and cutting the speed limits saved rubber. That's why there wax an X ration for Doctors, Cops, Firemen and politicians.
But I never delved into the food rationing which seemed to change with the seasons and years. One that affected me personally was Tony the corner grocer illegally colluded with my mother and some of the neighbors in pooling coupons to obtain enough sweetened condensed milk to keep me alive. Of course I wasn't aware, just hungry, at 4 or 5 months old.

Board footera