cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2021 4:58 pm  #1

Snow Shoeing

Today was designed for snow shoes. The snow is deep so you can cruise over all kinds of obstacles. The light was magnificent.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/21/2021 5:46 pm  #2

Re: Snow Shoeing

look how well your user title fits today 

Last edited by monster (2/21/2021 5:46 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/24/2021 12:31 am  #3

Never seen a family have so much fun together, seems whoever is home joins in.
I've got snowshoes, 3 ft long and 10 inches wide, probably older than you are.
At least 1952 and probably several years before that.

edit: New seen? WTF, Never seen.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (3/03/2021 5:09 am)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/24/2021 7:35 am  #4

Those look to be in nice shape, very cool. I have an old pair but the bindings need to be redone. I really like my MSRs. https://www.msrgear.com/shop/snowshoes

I don't have tails for them but they still offer a lot of float and the binding is really effective.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/24/2021 12:21 pm  #5

I'm not sure I have ever held a snowshoe, let alone used one (or two, I suppose).
Had several surfboards though.

2/24/2021 5:00 pm  #6

We can just flip surf boards for snowshoes and we're in the same boat, although I believe I have held a surf board...

2/25/2021 9:35 pm  #7

griff wrote:

Those look to be in nice shape, very cool. I have an old pair but the bindings need to be redone. I really like my MSRs. https://www.msrgear.com/shop/snowshoes

I don't have tails for them but they still offer a lot of float and the binding is really effective.

They look like they have addressed the shortcomings of the traditional style but every model is out of stock except the Women's Revo.

Oh, and they're kind of spendy.

I noticed you two were not wearing sunglasses which is kind of unusual on snow with bright Sun.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (2/25/2021 9:37 pm)

2/26/2021 8:53 am  #8

Ebay is my friend. They were still a little pricey but it's been a few years.

We both needed the sunshine for our brains and the light is dappled in the woods.

2/26/2021 8:55 am  #9

3/03/2021 5:06 am  #10

10½ hours to go the bis is $126 with 8 bidders. I suspect a flurry of activity at the end but right now they're cheap. They are used though but that shouldn't affect performance, not the sort of thing that wears out.
Those tail pieces attach to make them longer, I guess. For less dense snow or heavier people ie carrying a pack?

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (3/03/2021 5:07 am)

3/03/2021 7:25 am  #11

Yeah, it seems like the tails would help in those situations. The only downside I see with these vs traditionals is how noisy they are on icy crust.

I bet the price spikes, all sporting goods have been hard to get during the pandemic. Outdoors is the way to go, I haven't seen a single report of an outdoor super spreader.

3/03/2021 1:12 pm  #12

Online auctions are very aggravating at best.
You better know the item well, be able to judge its condition, be up to date on its value and then be prepared for bots and someone with more money than you to snatch it.

3/29/2022 11:02 am  #13

Some people get carried away...

3/29/2022 6:08 pm  #14

I blame inexpensive drones

3/30/2022 6:02 am  #15

Thankfully Mother Nature wields an eraser.

edit: stroke in the smelling part ob ma braaaan.

Last edited by griff (3/30/2022 6:04 am)

3/30/2022 3:00 pm  #16

Whoever done it must have thighs of iron.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

4/03/2022 5:27 pm  #17

I believe it's, SHE must have thighs of iron.

Board footera