cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2021 1:32 pm  #26

Re: The Unified Country Thread

There's a tiny chance that's a piece of Pence memorabilia...

1/13/2021 1:52 pm  #27

glatt wrote:

If you make all districts in a state the same shade of purple, one party will win them all with a tiny majority, and then you have roughly half the people with no voice. 

I think a lot about how basically all elections are won with razor-thin margins these days. The logical explanation is that campaigns are using data to drive on-the-ground efforts extremely efficiently. And the "looser" interpretation is that they're all rigged to create the exact kind of drama as cooking shows when the timer on the round is running out... "THREE, TWO, ONE..!!"

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

1/13/2021 11:38 pm  #28

President Trump has been impeached for the second time in his first, and God preserve us, only term.

Spare a thought for Donald Trump the first and likely ONLY President, evar, to be so completely f*cked up to earn TWO IMPEACHMENTS in his first four years in office.

#respect

Be Just And Fear Not

1/13/2021 11:39 pm  #29

Feeling pretty unified, yea....

Be Just And Fear Not

1/14/2021 12:00 am  #30

Don't worry about Donnie, I'm sure he's raising campaign money as we speak.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/20/2021 12:40 pm  #31

STILL STANDING MOTHER##$#@#S!!!

For a very long time the Star Spangled Banner has been just a formality.  On some occasions such as military funerals it becomes something more.

Given where she is standing and what happened there just two weeks ago it has even greater meaning. 

Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!

1/20/2021 8:36 pm  #32

richlevy wrote:

STILL STANDING MOTHER##$#@#S!!!
--snip

Amen brother, amen.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/26/2021 7:28 am  #33

I didn't find the article I was looking for but I found this. The potential for violence (substituted for willingness to harass) is obviously pretty high but as a group Americans overwhelmingly reject it.

Last edited by griff (1/26/2021 7:30 am)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/08/2021 4:53 pm  #34

I'll just leave this here...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera