cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2021 6:14 pm  #1

Your mom is out of control

At my house anyway. The kids started saying it and then me, being the mature adult that I am not, also began saying it. All the time. Now, my kids, my GF, and I are saying it all the time, even when one wouldn't typically use "your mom's a..."

Hey! That's me up there!

3/11/2021 7:18 am  #2

Re: Your mom is out of control

Is this a new variant of the yo mama so fat? Cuz I saw Underdog walking your mama at the Macy's parade.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/11/2021 7:56 am  #3

Oh yes, I reply "Your mom's ________" as an almost Pavlovian reaction to any statement I don't immediately have an answer to. I only say it out loud to Mr. Clod, of course, and even then it's only about half as often as I think it.

3/11/2021 11:28 am  #4

Pavlovian is it.

For a time it was "Is that a ...blank... in your pocket or are just happy to see me." It ended after I blurted it out during one of the kids' playdates about 8 years ago; I said it to a 3 year old toddler. In front of the former Mrs. Foot.

Ahh, if looks could kill.

The your mom thing gets funny when it really is about their mom, but it also gets dicey when it's too close to the truth and I don't want to trash her to the kids.

Hey! That's me up there!

Board footera