cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2021 3:09 pm  #26

Re: Youtube Channel Recommendations

One of the co-hosts on the Damn Interesting Week podcast has a wife from Poland, and they have a small YouTube channel were they post edited videos of the two of them playing games together. And I do mean small--prior to this week they had 90 subscribers, give or take, and a similar number of views per video.

Then out of nowhere, this video from last year has gone viral in the last couple of days, up to 56K views and counting. It's adorable, just like they are:

4/15/2022 4:20 pm  #27

Somewhere back on the old Cellar there was a hilarious thread about scam-baiting 419 scammers (Nigerian "advance fee" scams). Here are two great youtubers whose scam-baiting I enjoy--

Atomic Shrimp is very low-key and focuses on Nigerian email scams. He's not technical, but I enjoy his understated British humor. He also does user FAQs in his videos.

Kitboga is a younger guy and hip to current memeology. I've actually seen him guest starring in Jerma985 streams. He focuses on  tech support scams, usually posing as clueless old lady. He allows the scammers to install remote access on a virtual machine where he runs fake bank webpages. He does stuff like-- using a blank HTML overlay to confound scammers trying to edit the account balance in HTML. Or just disabling their ability to click on things in the remote software configs. He pretends to go to the store and buy giftcards, then redeems them instead of giving the codes to the scammers.

A little different, but in this video he interviews fake "dark web hackers" with basic IT terminology questions (which they are hilariously clueless about)

I find this stuff endlessly entertaining.

Last edited by Flint (4/15/2022 4:29 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/28/2023 12:46 pm  #28

I heard this on the radio last week, surprisingly for the first time, I think. 
Johnny Cash - Like a Soldier - YouTube

5/29/2023 9:34 pm  #29

Board footera