cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2021 5:23 pm  #101

Re: What is harshing your mellow today?

Wonderful /s

Dad showed me his proof that Democrats cheated in Georgia... Judicial Watch breaking out the false info to raise money to stop the liberals. This has been a hard part of losing mom, she kept my old man on track.

https://www.thebrainwashingofmydad.com/personal-stories

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/10/2021 5:45 pm  #102

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Ordered flowers at the beginning of the month to be delivered on the 11th.
They were handed off to UPS next day air in KY on the 10th.
Plane takes off at 7:38 AM on the 11th.
7:45 AM "Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery".
Out for delivery on the 12th, 13th, 15th, and still not delivered.

At last...

I bet those flowers are going to be fresh as a ... um, daisy after 10 days in the truck.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/11/2021 9:20 am  #103

I want to smoke the Bacon I just cured but it is too Cold. Waaah!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/11/2021 10:50 am  #104

Do you grind it up to fit it in your bowl?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/11/2021 4:08 pm  #105

I cut my Bacon to fit the Smoker.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/11/2021 7:29 pm  #106

Schwiiing!!

3/13/2021 12:33 pm  #107

To sort of counter Bruce's saga of involuntary patience, this:
I noticed I was almost out of black printer ink Thursday afternoon,  No emergency but worth dealing with.
Checked some online prices and S/H gouges, then my local Staples page. They had what I needed (Canon 210) at about the median price I had found.
Offered free delivery. Next day.
Filled out a simple account form and got the ink yesterday afternoon,
Delivery service guy drove it out the 15 miles from the store in town. Little box in too big box.
For free.  How the hell do they make money doing that?

3/13/2021 1:48 pm  #108

Diaphone Jim wrote:

To sort of counter Bruce's saga of involuntary patience, this:
I noticed I was almost out of black printer ink Thursday afternoon,  No emergency but worth dealing with.
Checked some online prices and S/H gouges, then my local Staples page. They had what I needed (Canon 210) at about the median price I had found.
Offered free delivery. Next day.
Filled out a simple account form and got the ink yesterday afternoon,
Delivery service guy drove it out the 15 miles from the store in town. Little box in too big box.
For free.  How the hell do they make money doing that?

Volume.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/13/2021 2:32 pm  #109

footfootfoot wrote:

Volume.

He said "I NOTICED I WAS ALMOST OUT OF BLACK PRINTER INK THURSDAY AFTER--" Y'know what? Just get a hearing aid, man, geez...

3/14/2021 3:22 am  #110

First the flowers, now this. Shipped Priority Mail from KY on Friday, USPS told me expect it Tuesday. Arrived Philly Distribution Center Monday night at 20 minutes past midnight, so technically Tuesday. Notice of delay, enroute to next facility which is the post office 6 or 8 miles away that will deliver it. From there it's all downhill.
Now I realize between DeJoy and Covid they are swamped and shorthanded with many delays. But don't fucking lie to me every goddamn day. Tell me you lost it, it was stolen, you don't know but you're looking, but don't lie and tell me it's in transit 8 miles for 12 days. Grrrrr.    Contact their PR people?   They're bigger liars, canned response whether it fits or not. Don't tell me there's no god 'cause somebody has it in for me.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/23/2021 12:20 pm  #111

Harshing my mellow?  Dr. Oz hosting Jeopardy!

3/23/2021 4:10 pm  #112

Oh no...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/24/2021 5:24 pm  #113

Don't worry, it isn't permanent. They're rotating through a large list of guest hosts right now, presumably to lessen any "but they'll never be Alex Trebek!" backlash when they officially name a permanent one. My gut feeling is it will be Levar Burton.

3/24/2021 6:15 pm  #114

Gravdigr wrote:

footfootfoot wrote:

Volume.

He said "I NOTICED I WAS ALMOST OUT OF BLACK PRINTER INK THURSDAY AFTER--" Y'know what? Just get a hearing aid, man, geez...

ouch

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/25/2021 5:53 am  #115

Clodfobble wrote:

Don't worry, it isn't permanent. They're rotating through a large list of guest hosts right now, presumably to lessen any "but they'll never be Alex Trebek!" backlash when they officially name a permanent one. My gut feeling is it will be Levar Burton.

Yeah, we Tivo it and are behind. Does Levar have a relationship with the show? I thought Ken Jennings did great but I assume the show is a little 9-5 for him.

3/25/2021 6:00 am  #116

I've liked Jennings best so far.  The producer guy wasn't bad, just a little too vanilla...

Won't watch Oz.  Don't like the guy.

Last edited by Gravdigr (3/25/2021 6:01 am)

3/25/2021 11:32 am  #117

Oz has gotten a little better, still sort of blunders through.
 He sure likes the word  "I."

3/25/2021 3:18 pm  #118

griff wrote:

Clodfobble wrote:

Yeah, we Tivo it and are behind. Does Levar have a relationship with the show? I thought Ken Jennings did great but I assume the show is a little 9-5 for him.

To my knowledge he isn't even one of the planned guest hosts--he's just made a bunch of noise in unrelated interviews about how he'd love to do it, and there's a fair movement of fans behind him (signing petitions, tweeting hashtags, etc.) It feels to me like he's in negotiations for the spot, and his public discussions are meant to demonstrate his popularity to the producers and drive up his asking price.

Ken Jennings is great in general, but he just recently suffered a backlash online for some old tweets--nothing too bad, just insensitive jokes, but timing is everything, as they say. If they go with him now, the backlash is guaranteed to resurface.

3/25/2021 9:26 pm  #119

Our new boss at work. He's playing hardball with us, giving us all a hard time and micro-managing us. He also tells terrible jokes and boring stories which no one is interested in.

"Nothin' seems that weird anymore"

Lo Fidelity Allstars

3/26/2021 6:11 am  #120

I had a micro-manager once, that was a nightmare. Good luck training him and welcome!

3/26/2021 8:42 am  #121

griff wrote:

I had a micro-manager once, that was a nightmare. Good luck training him and welcome!

Thanks griff. I was on the old site years ago as Mad Professor, when Sundae Girl was around before she sadly passed. Then as Squawk more recently. So I can't count myself as a complete newbie 🙂

Lo Fidelity Allstars

3/26/2021 8:53 am  #122

Glad you made the jump to the new place.

Sorry your boss is bad. Supervising others is a skill that isn't really taught the way something like, say, U.S. History, is taught.  School does a good job teaching you facts you mostly don't need to know and teaching you to concentrate on tedious work.  I wish it did a better job at teaching you to be a well adjusted human with essential life skills.

So many people are put into supervisory positions when they have absolutely no training or skill at it.

3/26/2021 10:29 am  #123

Welcome back then!

3/26/2021 11:43 am  #124

The Peter Principle explains how promotions (especially in bureaucracies) lead to incompetent and annoying bosses.

3/26/2021 1:22 pm  #125

glatt wrote:

Glad you made the jump to the new place.

Sorry your boss is bad. Supervising others is a skill that isn't really taught the way something like, say, U.S. History, is taught.  School does a good job teaching you facts you mostly don't need to know and teaching you to concentrate on tedious work.  I wish it did a better job at teaching you to be a well adjusted human with essential life skills.

So many people are put into supervisory positions when they have absolutely no training or skill at it.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad this site is still going. I always got the feeling you were a good bunch of honest and supportive people. That's pretty rare on the Internet these days I think.

My experience of bosses over the years here in the UK has not been good. An old friend did once say to me "everyone hates their boss". Not that I hate this guy, but he's definitely not much fun. I definitely agree that teaching life skills should be done, but there's no sign of that coming out of my country's education system.

Lo Fidelity Allstars

Board footera