cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2021 1:23 pm  #126

Re: What is harshing your mellow today?

griff wrote:

Welcome back then!

Cheers!

"Nothin' seems that weird anymore"

Lo Fidelity Allstars

3/26/2021 4:22 pm  #127

Many happy returns, Peoploid!

3/26/2021 7:42 pm  #128

Clodfobble wrote:

Many happy returns, Peoploid!

Thank you.

Lo Fidelity Allstars

3/27/2021 11:46 am  #129

Welcome Home.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/28/2021 4:02 pm  #130

Funeral tomorrow, I need to be extremely careful. No scenes will be caused.
Extreme right wing of Catholicism. Likely anti-mask contingent. Untethered alcoholism (with excuse because death). Blood and soil situation. Will be wary of ambush and slip off to work as early as possible.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/28/2021 7:16 pm  #131

Insomnia. I meant to get some herbal sleeping pills from the chemist today but I forgot. Damn.

Lo Fidelity Allstars

3/28/2021 9:32 pm  #132

May I recommend the politics forum?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/29/2021 5:48 am  #133

lol

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/31/2021 10:01 pm  #134

griff wrote:

Funeral tomorrow, I need to be extremely careful. No scenes will be caused.
Extreme right wing of Catholicism. Likely anti-mask contingent. Untethered alcoholism (with excuse because death). Blood and soil situation. Will be wary of ambush and slip off to work as early as possible.

How are you man?

Jeebus (sorry, didn't mean to blaspheme).

Too late for advice (hahahahahahah   hahahahah... yeah.  hehehe... )  aaaaanyhow.

How are you man?

Be Just And Fear Not

4/01/2021 6:12 am  #135

I sat through the service and bailed out at the gravesite. Folks were breaking the seating rules and chin wearing their masks inside the church so slipping away before the alcohol was probably a good move. The service itself was a testament to how far the Church has fallen, just not very dignified. The husband patting his wife's casket at the end of the service was truly touching. It's got me thinking we need some kind of an exit plan for me and Pete. I'm fully vaccinated and Pete is halfway there so hopefully we dodged that particular bullet.

4/07/2021 11:09 pm  #136

Used to be I could input a phone number to Google search and get a name/address if it wasn’t unlisted. Then these “services” appeared and Google stopped doing it. Got a call today from Nez Perce, Idaho. Now I’m sure there are plenty of people in Nez Perce worried about my vehicle’s warranty, my life & health insurance, and my donations to wounded warriors, local police, stray animals, starving holocaust survivors in the former Soviet Union, and political critters of all stripes, are up to date.
But the fact remains I don’t know any of them so I pick up/hang up so they can’t leave a voice mail.

I punch the number into Google search on the long shot there will be a posting about this number. There used to be a bunch of those but they’ve faded away.
Anyway Google says, “About 998 results(0.26 seconds)”. Then it gives me two pages of these look-up “services”, totaling 40 results. Where are the other 958 results? How do I see them? In the past, for other than phone number searches, sometimes I’d find an obscure reference I needed of the 5th or 8th page. Maybe that’s where the missing “did this number call you” posts are being hidden.
Eviler and eviler...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/08/2021 12:32 pm  #137

and it was probably a spoofed number anyway. ..

/sour grapes

4/08/2021 7:39 pm  #138

My Google Pixel 4a screens my calls and I love it.

Not that many people call me, but the robocalls I answer are in the low single digits per month, sometimes that digit is zero.

And, the service answers for me, records the fragment of the convo and lets me see the transcript.  Once in a great while a real person I do want to talk to is screened like this and I get the call.  I know because they told me they had to talk to a computer???? wtf??? I was trying to talk to you then you came on the line. so.  I love it.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/08/2021 7:43 pm  #139

In other news, crap calls are definitely out there and some are a lot more criminally pernicious than others.

This is a long (23 mins) video, but the schadenfreude over the plight of the poor, poor scammers is completely worth it.  Plus, I have kind of a maker-crush on Mark Rober.  Enjoy!

Be Just And Fear Not

4/08/2021 8:17 pm  #140

I enjoyed

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/09/2021 11:47 am  #141

Robocalls and similar intrusions have been a big pain on both the old land line and the new cellular for quite a long time.
Until I started reading this thread, I didn't realize that I haven't gotten any for several days, a period when I would usually get ten or twenty.
This is really weird.
There is no explanation I can think of or I would market it. 

4/10/2021 4:09 pm  #142

You're right Jim the calls will be incessant then for some reason little of no calls for a few days then it starts again.
Maybe they are shuffling phone lists.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/13/2021 9:38 am  #143

I'm scheduled to get the one-and-done J&J vaccine on Thursday, but I see they just pulled it because there is an infinitesimal chance of blood clots.  Motherfucker.

Don't raise my hopes like that and then pull the rug.

4/13/2021 12:16 pm  #144

glatt wrote:

I'm scheduled to get the one-and-done J&J vaccine on Thursday, but I see they just pulled it because there is an infinitesimal chance of blood clots.  Motherfucker.

TIL: If 1 in a million is an infinitesimal chance, then I have 1/80 of an infinitesimal chance of winning the lottery in my state. Prompting the question: How many tesimals can dance on the head of a pin?

Hey! That's me up there!

4/13/2021 1:19 pm  #145

footfootfoot wrote:

[Prompting the question: How many tesimals can dance on the head of a pin?

All of them.  I'm pretty sure every single one will fit.

4/14/2021 8:34 pm  #146

glatt wrote:

I feel ya.

That's what I felt like when they told me to come to place x at time y for your vaccination, to be told "but I need ten of you to stay for standby"

Still worth it.

advice in my state, not your state, if you have an appt for the J&J vaccine, keep the appointment.  Not sure what will happen AT the appointment, but that's the news from up here.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/14/2021 10:47 pm  #147

For no apparent reason I'm missing beest to the point of tears in a bad way today.  And for every reason. Every fucking stupid thing.  No apparent reason other than him not being here obviously.  I've adulted like a mofo this week and I almost felt like.... I dunno something other than alone with my heart ripped out. For about a zillionth of a second.  Then reality inserted again and I.... yeah.

4/15/2021 4:32 am  #148

Living life on the edge.

4/15/2021 6:03 am  #149

4/15/2021 6:09 am  #150

glatt wrote:

That's approaching intolerably irritating. In NYS they kept the schedule and gave the scheduled J&J folks round one of the Pfizer. Over the next month we're going to hit the wall of refusniks and getting in should be a piece of cake. I guess we can do Haiti now.

Board footera