cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2021 6:13 am  #1

Quiet Politics

I saw an observation by a right winger on Bacefook that Biden's voters must hate him now because their pages are not loaded with politics anymore. I just want to say to someone, not him, that I'm fine with Biden's approach. If he continues with the adult approach and has less drama than Obama, I'm all in. Politics receding to it's proper place in our lives is a good thing.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/29/2021 9:19 am  #2

Re: Quiet Politics

I am perfectly content with the president not being the end-all be-all of the news cycle.

Weaponized Funk

3/29/2021 4:35 pm  #3

If paying attention, Trump surrendered to the Taliban.  A surrender quite similar to what Nixon did to surrender to N Vietnam in Paris.

Fortunately Biden stepped in and protected our NATO allies.  Trump intentionally threw them to the wolves.  And threw the Afghan government under a bus.  That is what he has done his entire life.

It is all predetermined.  What remains is to watch the entire structure collapse.

He also tried to throw the Kurds under a bus.  We still do not know how that will play out.

He surrendered dominating influence to the Russian.  He is a deal maker because he screws everyone else to only advance himself.  Deja vue Nam and Nixon.

3/29/2021 8:52 pm  #4

tw wrote:

If paying attention, Trump surrendered to the Taliban.  A surrender quite similar to what Nixon did to surrender to N Vietnam in Paris.

Fortunately Biden stepped in and protected our NATO allies.  Trump intentionally threw them to the wolves.  And threw the Afghan government under a bus.  That is what he has done his entire life.

It is all predetermined.  What remains is to watch the entire structure collapse.

He also tried to throw the Kurds under a bus.  We still do not know how that will play out.

He surrendered dominating influence to the Russian.  He is a deal maker because he screws everyone else to only advance himself.  Deja vue Nam and Nixon.

With all due respect, what on earth does this have to do with the topic in hand?  If paying attention, you will have noted that was presidential use of media, especially social media, and the.  Are you sure you posted this comment in the correct thread? 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/30/2021 8:06 am  #5

monster wrote:

what on earth does this have to do with the topic in hand? 

I saw an observation by a right winger on Bacefook that Biden's voters must hate him now because their pages are not loaded with politics anymore.

That quiet is exactly what is happening.  

Board footera