cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2021 9:23 pm  #1

BrokeBook Mountain

Those of you who have attended virtual Forks will know I have a bit of a dictionary problem.  My latest acquisition is not quite as pictured by the seller and in addition to the empathy pain I feel for the book,  I am a little concerned about well.... I'm not wholly sure I want to handle this book after someone who felt the need to do that 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/30/2021 8:20 am  #2

Re: BrokeBook Mountain

Bizarre--is it cut out, or painted over? I can't tell.

3/30/2021 12:12 pm  #3

My guess is that someone wanted to make a logo or something.

3/30/2021 3:52 pm  #4

Clodfobble wrote:

Bizarre--is it cut out, or painted over? I can't tell.

cut out very neatly. sharp craft knife.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/30/2021 3:53 pm  #5

....then taped over

3/30/2021 4:44 pm  #6

It reminds me of the Land O' Lakes Indian woman gag, where you can fold the butter box and cut it in a certain way so her knees become boobs that are hidden behind the butter she's holding.  Ahh, takes me back to about 5th grade.

A quick Google image search shows my that my recollection is just fine on that one.

3/31/2021 10:07 pm  #7

glatt wrote:

It reminds me of the Land O' Lakes Indian woman gag, where you can fold the butter box and cut it in a certain way so her knees become boobs that are hidden behind the butter she's holding.  Ahh, takes me back to about 5th grade.

A quick Google image search shows my that my recollection is just fine on that one.

Confirmed.

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera