cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2021 9:00 am  #1

April fools

I've been fooled already and it's only mid-morning.  By text.

My son in NM got his second vaccine shot yesterday.  Talked to him last night and he reported feeling a little crummy and sore, but otherwise ok.  This morning, we texted him to ask how he was doing, and he responded that he didn't realize it but he threw up on the floor when he was sleeping last night.  So I expressed my condolences, and pictured him trying to clean up a puddle of vomit before heading off to work.  Or maybe he's going to take a sick day.  A couple minutes later I got the APRIL FOOLS! text.  No vomit puddle.

4/01/2021 9:27 am  #2

Re: April fools

Last night, my son announced "Oh my god, it's going to be April in just two days!" We muttered "Mmm-hmm" without thinking because he's constantly marveling at the passage of time, at which point he told us that actually, that was an April Fool's joke, because it was April tomorrow.

4/01/2021 9:33 am  #3

It's hard to fool people on April first, so I wait till May first and fool everyone.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/01/2021 2:16 pm  #4

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/01/2021 8:08 pm  #5

glatt wrote:

A couple minutes later I got the APRIL FOOLS! text.  No vomit puddle. 

What?  You mean Covid has been Trump's two year April Fools joke on all of us?

Sorry.  I'm not laughing.  He can't make me.

Board footera