cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/03/2021 12:45 am  #101

Re: Got Cars

The only dimension they give is a 6½ ft bed, but I'd guess not real big.

Think of all the damage you could do driving with the sides down next to the bike lane.

Something for everyone... but taste...

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (4/03/2021 12:50 am)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/06/2021 1:42 am  #102

Philly Cops fishing with a '63 split window bait...

4/06/2021 5:51 am  #103

I hope they caught something.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/07/2021 12:06 am  #104

Maybe a mako shark or a stingray.

When your CJ just won't cut it there's A M2 Cletrac that might help...

4/07/2021 12:02 pm  #105

4/07/2021 5:01 pm  #106

I'm thinking about going this direction...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/07/2021 5:49 pm  #107

woodworker I follow on social media got one a year or so ago.  He seems to use it all the time.  Used it just yesterday as a drywall lift when he fixed up his garage.

4/08/2021 12:02 am  #108

Those small machines with a backhoe bucket about a foot wide, and a narrow loader bucket in front, look like tons of fun. I guess it makes a difference if you're doing it because you can, or because you have to.

I worked with a goy at Boeing who built a house years ago over in Jersey. They wanted $14,000 to dig the cellar hole and cut in a driveway. He bought a second hand bulldozer for $17,000 and did it himself. When he was done he could have sold the dozer for close to what he paid but decided to keep it. It's been real handy over the years. He keeps it in a shed and getting it going isn't like jumping in your car, it takes some time to wake it up and more to put it safely to bed. But when it wakes up nothing will stop it. Snow, dirt, rocks and trees become hesitations rather than roadblocks. God help anyone who blocks his driveway. heh heh

4/08/2021 5:57 am  #109

snowblower, grapple, shovel, would covers my needs fork lift seems useful as well

4/12/2021 4:21 am  #110

Wisdom is key, there's an awful lot of pictures on the net of people doing risky things with forklifts. Somehow foolish things on the ground become insane at heights.

I wonder what this rig would sell for today?

4/12/2021 5:50 am  #111

Good thing I'm a slow learner.

4/12/2021 12:42 pm  #112

I like the gold top on the towing rug.

4/14/2021 3:06 am  #113

griff wrote:

Good thing I'm a slow learner.

I'm sure you have better judgement than the average bear.

Gravdigr wrote:

I like the gold top on the towing rug.

I agree, adds a lot of class to the rig.

Vindication!!

Corcoran is lucky to be tackled, must have been before they shot anyone running away as a threat to them.

4/14/2021 11:29 am  #114

"Corcoran is lucky to be tackled, must have been before they shot anyone running away as a threat to them."
Yep!

4/19/2021 9:37 pm  #115

Body and frame welded together, retracting steel top, under $1,000, things were looking good.
But at the start of production they tried selling stock but the Tucker fiasco two months prior turned off investors.
So after near four years of perfecting the design, a national tour with some prototypes, and lining up dealers, they folded for lack of cash.

4/20/2021 11:57 am  #116

Guy a county over had a couple of Playboys.  Gave me a fun ride twenty years (thirty?) ago.
It comes to mind that he also had the Packard limousine used by the Japanese counsel to SF at the start of WWII. 

4/21/2021 9:36 pm  #117

It's a shame they couldn't get the money to go into production, might have only lasted a few years but would have made a lot of smiles.

Pickups, the Vette may be photoshop I'm not sure, but the Toyota is real.

4/22/2021 7:19 am  #118

One of my YouTube addictions is a channel called Puddin's Fab Shop.  He just lifted a Corolla three inches and put 27" "shit-digger" tires on it.  He has the window and cab-wall off a Toyota p/u...He's gonna cut the Corolla, use the cab-wall, and make a Corolla-mino.

4/24/2021 10:45 am  #119

Tires are expensive in Finland...

4/27/2021 9:11 pm  #120

5/04/2021 11:54 pm  #121

I think this guy in Lititz, PA was a hustler at a time when cars were starting to become common and airplanes were still magic.

Maybe the crowd knew it was bullshit but had entertainment value.

5/05/2021 5:42 pm  #122

"TerraPlane" comes to mind, but I'm sure that's some other rig.

Be Just And Fear Not

5/06/2021 11:40 am  #123

A friend just lost reverse gear in his 2008 Nissan Frontier automatic, c. 140K miles.
And it turns out this is very common, with replacement or complete rebuild (not repair) recommended. 
At $5000 plus.
Shame on Nissan.

5/10/2021 9:44 pm  #124

I know a guy in Texas who could fix that for probably a lot less. I say probably because I can't speak for him but if he contacts Greg Ducato at Phoenix Transmission Products, 1304 Mineral Wells Hwy, Weatherford TX 76086, 817-599-7680 Tech, Greg's a stand up guy who won't bullshit you and stands behind his work... in front if he fixed reverse.
You can ship him the trans or the vehicle, ask if he has one he can swap. I know three dozen people besides myself using his work and never heard a bad word.

5/10/2021 10:00 pm  #125

Alfa takes winter sports seriously...

They were tearing down a garage in Bonn and found the roof was made of hoods from scrapped jeeps. They speculated they were from the Normandy invasion because of the chemical detecting paint. Planning for D-Day the history of Germany using chemicals in WWI came to mind.

Board footera