cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2021 12:04 am  #1

Notes to Self

foot massager, parrot shirt

For notes to self, I usually use post-its or to-do list app, and for longer term unimportant concepts, I have notebooks and things.  But sometimes these still don't work, especially for notes that it may be a while before I need them, but they are not important enough to waste memory space on.  So I thought maybe a thread.  It's more environmentally friendly because it saves paper, plus if we all use the same thread, we won't forget our notes to self because we're all nosy AF so will check whenever anyone else uses the thread.... 

?

Well it's worth a try......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/01/2021 1:24 pm  #2

Re: Notes to Self

Well it's worth a try......

~Icarus

Last edited by Gravdigr (5/01/2021 1:25 pm)

5/01/2021 11:11 pm  #3

Got tape, strap flooring
Load shelf, unload table
Layout door, 6 four inches five eleven inchers
Find clamp options, straps??
Hang ledger board, hang rail

... That's a good start

Be Just And Fear Not

5/02/2021 12:41 am  #4

Reply to Rachanee

Be Just And Fear Not

5/02/2021 5:29 am  #5

bleed kit

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/02/2021 10:47 am  #6

This is what I'm seeing this morning.  This is from the 'Post Reply' box, 'Quick Reply' is similarly vague.  Anybody got any ideas?

So, what I was gonna say is that I was poking fun at this thread, it may actually be a good idea.  A lot of the time, if I write a note to myself, like, "Get milk.", I can throw that note away, and remember it just fine, cuz I wrote it down.  Don't need the note anymore.

Last edited by Gravdigr (5/02/2021 10:51 am)

5/02/2021 10:57 am  #7

And now it's just fine. 

Man, there ain't nothing I like better than failure for no damn reason first damn thing in the morning, and then it clears itself up.

For no damn reason.

Oh, you're gonna be drinking early today.

~The World

5/02/2021 10:58 am  #8

Go to liquor store.

5/02/2021 4:03 pm  #9

Gravdigr wrote:

And now it's just fine. 

Man, there ain't nothing I like better than failure for no damn reason first damn thing in the morning, and then it clears itself up.

For no damn reason.

Oh, you're gonna be drinking early today.

~The World

Oh yeah. My favourite is the intermittent fault in the car that never does it at the garage/for the mechanic.

Living life on the edge.

5/04/2021 3:21 pm  #10

Don't ban suspicious usernames too soon or the bot registers them and you have to ban them again!

Living life on the edge.

5/04/2021 4:25 pm  #11

Limey wrote:

Don't ban suspicious usernames too soon or the bot registers them and you have to ban them again!

I help run another board, and I check each incoming member's IP number and their email against stopforumspam.com.

It's time consuming.

Weaponized Funk

5/04/2021 9:45 pm  #12

Luce wrote:

Limey wrote:

I help run another board, and I check each incoming member's IP number and their email against stopforumspam.com.

It's time consuming.

Yes it is, very time consuming, especially if you check them several different ways. I only made one mistake I know of, a guy who claimed to be in Australia but the IP was Japan. Turns out he was cool.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera