cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2021 6:01 am  #101

Re: Bikes!

The camera tends to flatten the trail but Brian stepped on to the trail and shot from the next rise. It was super flowy so you don't lose all the elevation at once like a race trail. We did have to climb a lot of fire road and single track to get up there.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/19/2021 11:46 am  #102

No problem...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/19/2021 12:09 pm  #103

WTF?!

It's bad enough when ya ride w/o a chain guard and ya gitcher pants leg hung in there...

Ya might hang yer scrotum in that thang....

5/19/2021 6:17 pm  #104

That ride looks murderous.  Sure only 18 hundred feet over 18 miles, but you have to do that over and over... looks tiring. Also, that's a long ride.  We did a ride Sunday that was just over 20 miles and I'm still tired.  It was a converted railway right of way, so minimal elevation gain/loss.  Just exactly my speed.

Be Just And Fear Not

5/20/2021 5:52 am  #105

Yeah, the climbing was easy but long. We did 16, 23, and 18 miles on the three days. We didn't to that loop as we climbed to do Hickory Ridge to Ridgeline multiple times on days 2 and 3. The day 1 climbing (Cedar Ridge?) was more technical and rigorous. We explored enough to figure out there are better ways to skin this cat without excessive gravel road riding. We did an ugly gravel climb to ride Rocky Ridge which I don't think needed to happen.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/23/2021 3:13 am  #106

I suspect you'd need about 40 lbs of chain and locks...

5/30/2021 3:21 pm  #107

BigV wrote:

That ride looks murderous.  Sure only 18 hundred feet over 18 miles, but you have to do that over and over... looks tiring. Also, that's a long ride.  We did a ride Sunday that was just over 20 miles and I'm still tired.  It was a converted railway right of way, so minimal elevation gain/loss.  Just exactly my speed.

I think I've sorted out my image manipulation particulars...

Here's a screenshot of the ride.  We traveled westward along the first half (almost) of the Cascades Trail, from Sedro Woolley to Hamilton, halfway to Concrete.  Note the grade graph at the bottom.  God bless trains.

Be Just And Fear Not

5/30/2021 5:23 pm  #108

Here are a few shots from this weekend's ride, the Olympic Discovery Trail along the north shore of Lake Crescent from Fairholme to the east end of the lake on East Beach Drive.

This is the start of the trail:

And this is a lovely panorama from mid-ride:
https://panoraven.com/en/slider/J5DzGfPgLU

STAB!

That was the pointy end, here's where it started:
The pointy end buried in the asphalt is about 16 inches in diameter, goodness knows how big it is back at the stump, thirty yards up the bank.

This particular stretch of the trail is quite picturesque.  You can see the high bank to the left and it continues down the same slope to the lake hundreds of feet below.  At some points the distance between the trail and the shore HORIZONTALLY is quite small, like a cliff.  Not here though  We could see the blue of the water but no easy way to get there.

Twil took this picture.  Talent plus opportunity equals art.

Twil's talent as a photographer is self evident.  This is evidence of her massive skill as a trip planner.  Note at the bottom the grade graph as we travel from start to finish from left to right.  God bless Twil.

Be Just And Fear Not

5/30/2021 5:50 pm  #109

i can see pictures again.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/31/2021 5:53 am  #110

That's right purdy.

6/09/2021 8:43 pm  #111

Don't let them peddle their ass around town...

6/13/2021 3:35 pm  #112

Confirmed.

Meanwhile, how about a few pictures from yesterday's ride on the Willapa Hills State Park Trail, starting and Adna.

This trail is another rails to trails route.  

Hey, look, Mossy Oak Break-up

Dog Treats!

Is this a post?  A rail?  I'm confused...

Hi Braden
Thanks for coming by.  So the trail you recently marked was audited and we need you to retrace your path with this stack of "1/2" stickers.  Next time pay attention to the start button on your google maps directions app...

Yeah, ... not all the mile markers had "1/2" suffix, but... So. Weird.

Oh. Deer.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/14/2021 5:58 am  #113

Nice place.

7/18/2021 10:59 pm  #114

That's probably gonna leave a mark...

Is there a rule against selling bikes to sane people?

7/19/2021 7:10 pm  #115

nope.

had to click away after the bike-paraglider duet/trio 

the section with the death by water impact---hard no.  I don't need to see that shit.  Nobody needs to see that shit.

Otherwise, cool vid man.  Yay bikes!

Be Just And Fear Not

7/19/2021 8:09 pm  #116

BigV wrote:

Yay bikes!

Yay.  Bikes.

Yay-ay + bikes-b = Yikes.

I think that's the word.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (7/19/2021 8:10 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/20/2021 7:27 am  #117

Why bother wearing a helmet in some of those?  If you spill, the helmet isn't going to do a thing other than help with identification by dental records.

7/30/2021 11:46 pm  #118

Sure, when they find the helmet they'll know who the head in it belonged to. 

8/07/2021 12:01 am  #119

This is where Twil and I will be tomorrow morning:

Tour de Lavender.

It says sold out, we did our part to make that happen.  Wish us luck!

Be Just And Fear Not

8/07/2021 5:06 am  #120

Luck!!!

8/08/2021 3:31 pm  #121

35 miles? Masochists in Lavender. You could follow them for free.

8/09/2021 10:13 pm  #122

In 1907 a French woman thought since people have upped their speed and range with bikes we should do the same for animals. It has to be a trike with the big back wheel out toward us and the front and rear pedals in the middle. It's not going to work with that big wheel going through the horse. Although she is French....

8/21/2021 5:10 pm  #123

Or build the pony right in...

Probably not a good idea for trail riding. 
But if you're limited to pavement riding take nature with you.

8/21/2021 7:54 pm  #124

BEE SEATED!

Be Just And Fear Not

8/22/2021 7:08 am  #125

That doctor appointment would be interesting.

Board footera