cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2021 9:55 am  #1

Eurovision

Its back.  Will be in Rotterdam Netherlands.  Tomorrow night.

5/21/2021 11:48 am  #2

Re: Eurovision

What's back, and what will be in Rotterdam NL tomorrow night?

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/21/2021 11:57 am  #3

It cracks me up beyond belief that tw is a Eurovision fan.

5/21/2021 11:59 am  #4

Aside to fargon: Eurovision is an international singing/dancing competition in Europe that favors pop music and garish costumes, with each country offering one team like the Olympics. It is both taken very seriously and enjoyed ironically, all at the same time.

5/21/2021 12:02 pm  #5

Now I understand. Thank You Ma'am.

Last edited by fargon (5/21/2021 12:03 pm)

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/21/2021 1:54 pm  #6

I think TW's fulla shit, if he's wanting us to believe he's a fan.  Of that show or anything anybody else likes, for that matter.

I've seen little pieces of those shows, and those-type shows, and they are, quite often, chock fulla emotions.

And we all know, all too well,  how TW feels about emotions, and their place in the world.

Last edited by Gravdigr (5/21/2021 1:56 pm)

5/22/2021 12:45 am  #7

Eurovision existed long before silly TV shows such as "America's Got Talent" existed.  ABBA, Celine Dion, Julio Iglesias, and Olivia Newton-John have competed. I think it dates back to 1955.  Said to be the most watched non-sporting event in the world.

Acts that sing in English tend to have an advantage.  

Eurovision Dance is completely separate from today's Eurovision.

I have mentioned this a number of times on the old Cellar.  Am surprised that so few know anything about it.

Apparently the Dutch are conducting some type of Coronavirus experiment in conjunction with this 2021 contest.

Board footera