cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2021 2:12 am  #1

Digging Up The Past

Science has pretty well outlined the Earths history. Most of the investigations involving humans is Holocene. I see video and read articles about digging up graves and I'll be engrossed in it when I'll remember these are the graves of people. It makes me wonder where they draw the line between grave robber and archeologist?
It appears that race and religion play into the calculations.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/26/2021 5:11 am  #2

Re: Digging Up The Past

It looks like another extinction is due soon.

Living life on the edge.

5/26/2021 5:48 am  #3

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/27/2021 12:31 am  #4

The start of the holocene was 10,000 years ago, and the jump to the next level is 1.8 million years.
I don't see a reason to worry.... oh wait, Texas killed the licence requirement for carrying a handgun in public.

5/27/2021 11:09 am  #5

The difference between past extinctions and the impending one is that we might still have a choice.
Barely.
As for human burials, archeologists and  physical anthropologists defend their practices like a mother bear.

5/29/2021 4:47 pm  #6

No question we have altered the earth and many plants and animals have disappeared. But biologists say they are discovering new species all the time, so I wonder if these new discoveries have been here and just not seen of they are newly evolved. Is it extinction or evolution.
I think of extinction as all dead but there must have been something to start over with.

Board footera