cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2021 9:51 pm  #26

Re: Proud Parent Thread

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/24/2021 6:24 am  #27

Check out that rig!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/24/2021 7:19 am  #28

Excellent Monster.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/24/2021 7:20 am  #29

Nicely done!

5/24/2021 7:28 am  #30

griff wrote:

Check out that rig!

yeah it was blue and yellow when it started, with a number and sponsor logos....  In the 90 degree heat, no rain for days, the cars were churning up unsafe quantities of dust, giving zero visibility (and unbreathable air) so they were continually spraying the track (and us, sometimes) = very muddy.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/24/2021 7:40 am  #31

Nice!

5/31/2021 5:56 am  #32

Lil Griff completed her MS Ed! Zoom graduation was amusing.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/31/2021 8:54 am  #33

Sweet!

5/31/2021 10:05 am  #34

Nice   Congratulations Griff

5/31/2021 10:13 am  #35

YAY!

Living life on the edge.

6/11/2021 12:49 pm  #36

And a week and half later she lands her dream job supporting young adults transitioning to working and living independently. /proud Dad

6/11/2021 1:24 pm  #37

Cool!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/11/2021 9:36 pm  #38

poloarchgirl landed her first job today.  Bollockall to do with archeology, but right up her street, talentwise. And earning significantly more than....... well, pay is good.  Downside is... realtor office. ;)

Last edited by monster (6/11/2021 9:36 pm)

6/12/2021 5:40 am  #39

Kids are working!

6/14/2021 2:59 pm  #40

Realtors are doing well, Mike Pence just bought a house for $1.9 million that was listed for $1.8 million.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/21/2021 9:21 pm  #41

(entering stream of consciousness ....)

I just got off the phone with D.

He's the biological father of BelovedDaughter and EldersonofV (or how the fuck ever I previously typed it. sue me.)

I regularly call him on Father's Day and say thanks to him for .. .it's weird, work though it.... for the beautiful children.

Thank you for the beautiful children I've grown to love and parent and cherish. Ok, I'm messing it up but the fact is I left that .. sense on his voicemail, as I have, lo, these many years on Father's Day.  He's their father ffs.

Anyhow, D returned my call and we talked for about an hour. It was great.  He told me that he felt relieved and confident that during the rest of the time when he didn't have the kids, at least he had me to rely upon to take care of them... That's a paraphrase, typed in real time. fact check me, IDGAF.

point is, that's very significant to me, I told him that was the best FD gift I'd gotten this year.  Truth.  Anyhow, He loves his children.  I love his children, who are also my children.  Step-parents, * I * hear you.  Keep the faith.

Anyhow.  proud parent's thread, ok.  I'm proud.  I'm proud of my kids and their Dad.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/22/2021 6:09 am  #42

Good work V!

8/16/2021 6:24 am  #43

Pretty chuffed.

8/16/2021 7:57 am  #44

Lovely!

8/16/2021 11:56 am  #45

You can be chuffed, for cause.  But *they're* the pretty ones.

Family==the best.

Be Just And Fear Not

8/16/2021 3:09 pm  #46

They're always a happy looking bunch.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (8/16/2021 3:09 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

9/09/2021 7:32 pm  #47

Archpologirl has become the coach for her most recent water polo team (Florida State University).  Some of the girls remember her from 2 years ago, one of the newbies remembers her from her old, old pre-high-school swim team days back here in Ann Arbor (like 10+ years ago).  Second practice was tonight and she just messaged me from the parking lot to tell me how well it's going, that the board gave her a huge build up and lots of support and she got in and demonstrated shooting for the newbs ...and the shot went in despite not having touched a polo ball for 2 years.   

9/09/2021 8:08 pm  #48

Way to go, Archpologirl!

9/10/2021 6:20 pm  #49

Nice! I've always worried about what kids who are super-into a sport, but not headed for it as a profession, do with all those years once it's over--so awesome to see her get to continue with it in a meaningful way that shares the love with other kids.

9/10/2021 6:36 pm  #50

For swimmers and polo players many go on to "masters" level for fun  (that means slower and they go out for a beer afterwards)

Board footera