cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2021 9:43 pm  #51

Re: They're a-coming!

Kayaked through a cicada-rich area today.  Blissful.  They kept landing in the water -at first my friend tried to rescue them all, but then she realized the futility.  Gonna bee a bumper year for fish and turtles.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/11/2021 10:57 pm  #52

If this was the 1950s, then we would all be trooping to the movie theater to watch "Attack of the Giant Cicadas."

But then bad science fiction movies, like this rumored cicada storm (and frozen lakes), no longer happens.

6/15/2021 9:00 pm  #53

Still a few stragglers, but they seem to be pretty much done for the next 17 years.

6/15/2021 9:28 pm  #54

only a little quieter here yesterday, but it' was also cooler and not very sunny......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/17/2021 9:26 pm  #55

Hot and sunny today..... they were still going nuts.  I do love the sound..... unless it's coming from my toilet which I really need to fix..... way to seek attention, plumbing.  Last few mornings, I've woken up thinking "wow, the cicadas have finally come to my pocket of town in force"... then I realize it's just the fucking cistern innards dying

6/17/2021 10:23 pm  #56

I still have not seen one.  Apparently our DDT was better than yours.

Board footera