cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2021 11:47 pm  #1

Night Sky

The sky over what I'd guess is Chicago from space.
Don't know the history just thought it was a neat picture.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/18/2021 8:30 am  #2

Re: Night Sky

I can not see your picture.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/18/2021 9:35 am  #3

Notice clouds rising from another hotspot on the other side of the world.

6/19/2021 9:37 am  #4

fargon wrote:

I can not see your picture.

Hi fargon

I think you have some security setting, maybe from some extension you're using in Chrome, some setting that's interfering with postimages.org.  That's the site where the image of the sky xoB posted is hosted.  I don't host my pictures at postimages.org, so the setting wouldn't (clearly doesn't) affect the images I post.  For the record, I'm posting images hosted at Google, googleusercontent.com, to be more precise.  It's just a personal choice, I don't want my pics on postimages and I was able to find a way to share them here with this interface.

Not seeing the pictures, extremely frustrating, I know.  I bet I could sort it out for you if I had more information about what's going on with your pixelbook. I don't think it's broken, I think it's just misconfigured.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/19/2021 11:50 am  #5

fargon:  There is a lot of variability in what shows up and what doesn't.
I am not sure it is your settings at fault and I think somebody will come up with a fix.
I keep both IE and Chrome open since so many of the websites I like are off IE.
Since this board won't let me sign in on Chrome, I just copy and paste the Cellar page with the pic to Chrome.  Takes about 4 or 5 seconds and there the pic is.
Since this page is still open on IE, I switch back to post a reply (like this one).  That takes 2 seconds. 

This photo made me think about power:  how much for lighting Chicago and its burbs versus the aurora up north.  Then the unimaginable amount in the Milky Way above it all.

6/19/2021 12:32 pm  #6

Power to the people...
After showing a valid photo ID,
open an account at a verifiable address,
submit email, phone, and cell info,
pay a substantial deposit.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera