cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2021 6:06 am  #126

Re: Got Cars

That's some clever work.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/11/2021 12:15 pm  #127

I am struggling with the concept of having 30+ friends with transmission problems in the first place, let alone shipping them to Texas in whole or part for repair.

5/11/2021 3:08 pm  #128

To be fair, Bruce knows a lot of Chevy guys. ;)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/14/2021 4:06 pm  #129

Crazy oldage hot rodders...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/14/2021 4:16 pm  #130

In 1907 the wife probably knew little or nothing about the business so when the dealer died his wife lit out for Europe posthaste, maybe to family or pining for the fjords, not knowing she'd abandoned 17 cars.
If he owned the building and didn't owe money there's no reason to find them until the back real estate taxes trigger legal action. If they had real estate taxes in Helena, MT in the beginning of the 20th century.

5/16/2021 12:23 pm  #131

Comparing newspapers and other reports at the time seem to point to questions. Baker felt the flying mile was more than the batteries were capable of so he was going for the flying kilometer record. So 100 mph becomes 100 kph which is much easier to believe with a 14 hp motor which is roughly the same as a 40hp engine.

5/19/2021 1:32 pm  #132

A woody unlike your daddy's or Grandpa's...

5/30/2021 11:58 am  #133

Be Just And Fear Not

6/08/2021 4:26 pm  #134

The only thing I can figure is this is "fuck you" money, in other words I've got so much money I can do stupid shit like this, and you can't.

6/08/2021 11:08 pm  #135

Power steer-ing...

and electric shifting...

6/09/2021 6:23 pm  #136

That's pretty cool!

I remember, waaay back in the day, I had a job while in high school.  I drove the delivery van for Steve's Flowers.  His delivery van was a 1976 (?) Ford panel van.  No side windows past the front doors, no back windows on the barn doors on the back.  ONE five inch diameter rearview mirror on the driver's door ahead of the manual (of course) vent wing.  It had three on the tree as we used to say.  I am gonna risk self incrimination because I believe the statute of limitations has elapsed.  I ... had a crucial role in the failure of the transmission in the van.  I was downshifting, like I was taught by my Mom, double-clutching to match the revs, but I was just going too fast to drop it down into first as I approached the end of the off ramp.  That big ol' chrome-plated lever, I had plenty of leverage and I did manage to push it up into first, but something between the lever and the wheels vetoed my executive actions and it was well and truly filibusted all to hell.

Sorry Steve.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/09/2021 9:09 pm  #137

Edsel Ford, being old Henry's son and heir apparent, had the resources to drive anything he wanted...

6/09/2021 9:47 pm  #138

Thing two, right front, is uglier than shit.

The other two things, not so much.

Last edited by Gravdigr (6/09/2021 9:48 pm)

6/10/2021 5:48 am  #139

That '32 is hawt

6/12/2021 1:49 am  #140

When you absolutely, positively, can't be late...

6/14/2021 4:19 pm  #141

My Dad got the Willys, twice...

6/15/2021 6:10 am  #142

Going down the rabbit hole of electric Fords, it seems you can use your F150 as your home backup power.

6/15/2021 7:29 am  #143

Why buy a battery when your car is a big battery?

6/15/2021 10:58 pm  #144

The Ford pickup is supposed to last several days of household needs if you use it judiciously.

6/16/2021 11:59 am  #145

Will it carry 33 100 lb. bales of hay?
How about dumping a ton or so of muddy gravel in the shiny bed.

6/16/2021 3:00 pm  #146

Is it rated for 3300 lbs? No, it's rated for 2,000 lbs, 1800 with the heavier extended range battery. The gas F-150 isn't rated for 3300 lbs either, but I'll bet both will do it. You'll have to stack those bales pretty high though to get 33 on a pickup with a 5.5 ft bed. Maybe on the roof of the crew cab.
A ton of muddy gravel? Why not?

6/16/2021 7:20 pm  #147

I have abused Ranger Lake in a similar way out of ignorance and laziness.  I love little Ranger Lake.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/17/2021 11:57 pm  #148

Well just because you need a truck doesn't mean you have to be uncivilized...

6/20/2021 8:04 pm  #149

I guess this Caddy Debutante would attract a lot more attention today and none of it good...

6/21/2021 7:38 pm  #150

Oh, I'd attend it good, I'd attend it good and hard.  Fuck yeah.  

<imagined conversation>
Yeah, this is he.  Mr Gibbons is on the line?  Billy Gibbons?  THE Billy Gibbons?  Yes, hell yes.

Mr Gibbons, huge fan, thanks for your music.  ??What?  You'd like to like to feature my beloved Sweetah Cheetah in a music video like She's On Fire?  I can attend the shoot?  What about a cameo?  OK!  I'll meet you there in five days."
</fantasy fades to black>

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera